chapter 9

December:

One month since Taehyung last saw Jungkook.

After that night, both the boys bid farewell around 4 in the morning. The next day, Taehyung went to the UK, and after one week, he came back, waiting for Jungkook. Waiting, waiting, and waiting.

When he couldn't wait any longer, after one more week, he contacted the building authorities who said that the boy had moved from his apartment.

Taehyung searched all of Korea but found nothing.

It felt like Jungkook had vanished into thin air.

He cried, cried, cried, and cried until no more tears were left.

First, there was excitement to meet Jungkook, then nervousness to meet Jungkook, and then hope. A hope that he could meet Jungkookie and then disappointment.

Taehyung went silent. It felt like his world had crumbled, and he was left with nothing but agony. He was lifeless.

Then one day, he received a message from an unknown number,

"Hyungie, I am fine here. I hope you are fine too. It happened so quickly I couldn't contact you. I am in Switzerland with my parents. I am marrying my friend Emily in a few weeks. I am happy and content. I hope you are too. I don't think I will come back to Korea again.

You were really nice to me, hyungie. Goodbye, take care of yourself and Tannie.".          10th December 10:47pm.

And now, Taehyung felt numb, and he never recovered.

Present:

Doctor Yoon was sobbing by now. She didn't want to show her vulnerability in front of her patient, but she couldn't help it. She looked at Taehyung when he started speaking again.

"Today, he is someone else's husband, someone's father, someone's brother-in-law, but for me, even today, he is my Jungkookie, my... lovely Jungkookie who came into my life like a fairy and filled my dull life with colors with his endearing, exhaling, painfully beautiful eyes.

"You asked me, Doctor Yoon, once, that you see peace on my face in spring and conflict in winters. That's because my Jungkookie entered my life in spring, bringing all the colors of the world into my life.

And he exited my life in winters, leaving me cold and colorless, just like harsh winters."