chapter 8

November:

Today, Taehyung has decided to confess his feelings to Jungkook.

He went to the old-age home with Jungkook two days ago, and a granny there confronted Taehyung, saying, "Why can't you grow some courage and ask Jungkook out?"

"Grandma, what if he wants to be friends only? I don't want to lose him," Taehyung replied.

"Son, he is a beautiful boy. If you don't find the courage, someone else will, and then you'll be left crying. I know how you look at him, and he'll be lucky to have someone who loves him this much."

Taehyung remembered the conversation from two days ago.

"Kookie, I want to tell you something," Taehyung said while star-gazing with the love of his life.

"Me too," Jungkook said, also looking at the stars.

"See the shooting star!" Jungkook exclaimed in excitement with eyes  Taehyung named 'exhilarating.'

Taehyung, who had been looking at Jungkook the whole time, saw it too.

"Legends say that if you wish upon a shooting star, it's answered."

They both closed their eyes and made a wish.

"What did you wish?" Taehyung asked, barely above a whisper.

"First, tell me what you wished," Jungkook replied instead of answering.

"I'm not telling you; you won't tell me yours if I tell you mine," Taehyung explained.

"Okay, then I won't tell you either," Jungkook said while looking away. Also, wishes aren't answered if you speak them aloud, Jungkook added.

"Why didn't you tell me earlier, then? Oh Lord, thank God I didn't tell you mine; otherwise, my wish wouldn't be answered," Taehyung said with wide eyes and a pout.

"Hyungie, you're so cute. So, so cute," Jungkook whispered with the eyes that Taehyung couldn't quite find a name for.

"Jungkookie, what did you want to tell me?" Taehyung asked, suddenly remembering he was supposed to propose to Jungkook.

"Hyungie, that I'll not  be here for quite some time," Jungkook replied.

Taehyung felt disappointed. He shouldn't propose today; he should wait for Jungkook to come back.

"Kookie, take care of yourself, eat properly, drink more water. You're lactose intolerant, so don't eat ice cream and then puke. Take proper care of yourself when I'm not around, okay?" Taehyung said while patting the younger's head.

Jungkook rested his head on the elder's shoulder.

"Hyungie, stargaze often when I'm not here, and don't stress when the workers in the company are slacking off. Don't exhaust yourself, take care of yourself and Tanni when I'm not around. Tanni is becoming a big boy; take him for outings too," Jungkook advised while looking at the sky, and Taehyung nodded.

"Well, Kook-ah, I'm off to the UK tomorrow. I'll be back in a week, I guess. I hope you'll be back even before that."

"No, Hyungie, I'm sure it will take me quite some time to find my way back home," Jungkook said with the same eyes that were driving Taehyung crazy, and he still couldn't name them.