07

Aurora Brown emanated elegance, but when Belly Conklin sat next to her vanity, her eyes narrowed. "Rory, I'm-I'm really sorry." Belly says, this caused the older girl to look at her. "About what? Conrad?" Rory questions, Belly nods in agreement.

"Can I just explain what happened?" Belly questions as Nicole joins in, making sure her friend is okay. Rory nods and Belly takes this as her cue to continue. 

"I've had a crush on Conrad for, like, my whole life, and he's always just seen me as-as his little sister. And then I thought that, this summer, maybe he could like me back. But the thing is, what he liked was that I liked him. You know, he never actually liked me. And I'm sorry I was stupid enough to think that he ever could." Belly says, this caused Rory to scoff out a laugh.

"You weren't stupid enough to think that he could, you were stupid enough to ruin a relationship based off that thought." Rory says as she stands up, leaving Belly feeling completely awful.

"It's not your fault Conrad's a fuckboy. But you're kind of a fuck girl, too. Cam, Conrad, now Jeremiah. You're playing with a lot of hearts, Belly." Nicole says, making herself known to the younger girl.

"Okay, maybe I was being a little fuck girl-ish, but I-I swear to you, Nicole, I am completely over Conrad. Like, so, so over him." Belly says, trying to get Nicole to understand what she was trying to say. "No one ever really gets over their first love. Unfortunately you and Rory have the same one." Nicole says as she watches Rory do her makeup in Shayla's mirror.

It was night, Rory was dressed in her white dress, it was simple with silk and tulle. "Niki can you help me with this?" Rory questioned as she held out the infinity necklace, Nicole nodding. Belly's eyes widened as she saw the necklace around Rory's neck.

"Alright ladies, line up." Nicole says as the girls grab their bouquet of roses, Rory stood between Belly and Gigi. "Good luck." Nicole says as she hugs her friend. "Thank you." Rory says as she fixes her curled hairstyle.

"Gigi Boucheron, daughter of Richard and Cecily Boucheron. Gigi is a student at Northfield Prep School. She's ranked at the state level in singles tennis and is a talented vocalist. She raised money, for North Children's Hospital." Paige announces, Rory clapping for her friend.

"Aurora Brown, daughter to Edward and Lorelei Brown. Aurora is a student at Brighton High School. She is ranked at the national level for her talents in writing, and in her passion for dancing. Aurora raised money for a foundation devoted to research on blood cancer." Paige announces as Rory meets Cam in the center of the stage.

Conrad watches in jealousy as Cam whispers something in her ear, making her laugh quietly. Rory walked over and handed the bouquet of flowers to Susannah and hugged her close. "She would be so proud." Susannah whispers to her.

Rory smiles widely, curtseying to the table before sitting upright with a smile. After they announced everyone, Rory watched as Laurel walked out of the room, her heart dropping as she saw her state. "It is my honor to introduce this year's Cousins Beach Country Club debutantes." Paige says, everyone cheering.