07

Aurora was sweeping the floor, avoiding Conrad as much as she could, Skye cleaning the floor and wall next to her. "Oh, my God." Julia says as she walks in, this made Aurora look up, a small smirk on her face as she watched the blonde woman walk in.

"Oh, we have a... visitor." Belly exclaims as Julia looks over. "Is that blood?" Julia exclaims fearfully. "It's, uh...It's Cherry Kool-Aid and Goldschläger... I think. Um, you're... early." Skye says as they walk with their mother, Aurora setting the broom upright.

"I'm also in breach of my sales agreement. What happened to this place? It's a disaster!" Julia exclaims as she turns to the wall covered in graffiti. Aurora looked down to her feet, refusing to make eye contact with the stern woman.

"Oh, my God, you kids are exhausting!" Julia exclaims as Laurel walks over. "Hey, Julia. Thanks for coming." The woman says causing Julia to sigh. "Uh, Skye didn't give me much of a choice, so..." Julia says, trailing off. "Can we have a chat while the kids clean up?" Laurel questions, this made Julia agree reluctantly.

Aurora hummed lightly, the sound echoing throughout the house, everyone smiled softly as they heard the girl hum as the house was being cleaned. Conrad looked to his left and saw the girl putting the trash from the dustpan into the trashcan.

But when Julia and Laurel walk in, Aurora paused and looked up. "I've... decided to pull out of the sale." Julia says, this made Aurora gasp out a laugh, happiness swelling in her heart. Everyone cheered, Jeremiah twirled Belly in the air as Skye hugged their mom. 

"Let's not celebrate yet. We still need to convince your dad to buy the house from Julia." Laurel says as she grabs her phone, walking out of the house. Aurora clasped her hands together as she looked around at the happy people in the house, they were so close to having the house back.

When Aurora walked out to take the trash out she nearly ran into Conrad. "Sorry." She murmurs as she opens the lid, putting the black bag into the trashcan. But when she went to walk away Conrad grasped her hand which made her turn around.

"Thank you, for being here. You really didn't have to." Conrad says. "I'd do anything for Susannah." Aurora says as she takes her hand out of his grasp, beginning to walk away. "I'm sorry." Conrad says, this made her turn around. 

"You're sorry?" Aurora questions, but it wasn't condescendingly, it was truly a question. "I am. I never should have hurt you like that, it was stupid going for Belly when I had you right in front of me. Nobody compares to you." Conrad says, this made Aurora look down.

"I still loved you, even though we broke up. I was still so in love with you that it physically pained me." Conrad says, walking closer to her, taking her hands in his. "If you were still in love with me. Why did you go out with her when I left?" She questions, this made Conrad look down.

"It's not that I don't love you, cause you know damn well that I do." Aurora says as she finally gains the courage to look up at him. "But it's just I know I won't be first in your heart anymore." Aurora says, this made Conrad look down at her.

"But you are, I should have shown you that you're first in my heart." Conrad pleads as he grasps her face, this made Aurora tear up. "I don't know if I can let you show me that. Not right now." Aurora says softly as she moves away, this made Conrad frown a bit.

"I still love you. But I'm not ready." Aurora says, a single tear falling down her cheek. "I'll wait until you're ready." Conrad says as he looks at her. "Can I hug you?" He questions, this made Aurora nod with a small smile.

Conrad engulfed her into a hug, all the memories of their relationship flooded her mind, her smile growing as she wrapped her arms around his neck. But when the sound of someone clearing their throat emitted behind the girl, she immediately let go of Conrad.

"Someone's here." MJ says as she raises her brows, Aurora smiled softly as she walked inside, sending Conrad one final smile. When the group of kids got back together, they listened quietly as Adam spoke.

"Yeah. Thanks for coming all this way to back me up. They haven't been making it easy on me." Adam says from inside the kitchen. "Oh, I'm not here to back you up. I'm here to back up the boys. You can't let them lose this house, Adam." Laurel says, this made Aurora smile.

"Well, it's done. Julia sold it." Adam says confidently. "Actually, I, um, changed my mind." Julia says, this made Adam laugh bitterly. "Okay, well, let's get something straight here. I'm not letting them lose anything. This has been out of my hands since the start. So don't go making me the bad guy here." Adam says, his tone rigid. 

Conrad glares, trying to move but both Jeremiah and Aurora grab him. "Let someone else try to solve a problem for once." Jeremiah whispers quietly. "So, what? You're just gonna dissolve the trust and gift the boys the beach house?" Adam questions.

"No, she can't do that. She has a child of her own to consider." Laurel says in shock, her tone sharp. "Yeah, well, I'm not gonna squander their trust to buy this house, and frankly, I'm surprised that you would support that." Adam exclaims.

"When did I ever say that? I just want you to move some money around to buy it for them." Laurel says simply. "What?" Adam questions incredulously. "Fair market value, terms negotiable, of course." Julia says swiftly, this made Aurora smirk.

"I think, um, I'm gonna go now, because that's...That's not happening, end of story." Adam says. "Uh, you know what? I have a question for you. Why is it that those boys have been trying harder for the last three days to save this house than you have in the last several weeks?" Julia questions, Laurel trying to interject.

"No, shut up, Laurel. You don't have a vote, okay? I know Suze made you feel like this house is part yours, but it's not." Adam says, this made Aurora walk over, Conrad followed behind her. "Where do you get off saying shit like that?" Conrad questions as he stands with Aurora.

"Con... It's for the best. Did you really think railroading me would change my mind?" Adam questions, the second half directed towards Laurel. "Excuse me, but fuck you!" Laurel exclaims. "Okay, all right, all right, let's-" "Suze wouldn't want us fighting like this." Adam interrupts Julia, this made Aurora scoff.

"You have no idea what she would want! You lost her a long time ago." Conrad exclaims. "Can't you get past your own grief and see what it means to the boys?" Laurel questions, Adam turning to his sons.

"Look, I thought it would be better this way. Easier for everyone if we let this place go." Adam says. "Easier for you." Conrad snips, his eyes set as a glare. "Yeah. Being here is hard. It's hard. Uh...She's everywhere here." Adam says slowly, looking around the house.

"She loved you." Laurel says, this made Adam sigh sadly, running a hand over his face. "I tried to talk some sense into her. It's no secret I've never been your biggest fan. But she wouldn't listen, because when Beck set her mind on something, that's it. She set her mind on you, Adam." Laurel says, this made Aurora smile softly. When she felt someone's hand inching closer to hers, she simply grasped it in her own, knowing exactly who it was.

"And on making this house a special place for our kids. Do this one last thing for her." Laurel says. "Laurel." Adam starts, but Jeremiah starts. "Dad. Please?" Jeremiah questions tearfully. 

A beat.

"Look, I'm not gonna let them use their trusts." Adam starts.

Another beat.

"But if I sell the Boston house, that could give us enough. You'd both be at school mostly anyway, but we can't afford both houses. Is this really what you want?" Adam questions, this made Aurora's heart leap in her throat. 

"Yeah." Both Jeremiah and Conrad say. "Okay, then." Adam says, this made MJ rush over and hug her friend, Aurora laughing happily as she hugged her best friend, taking notice of Conrad and Jeremiah's disappearance. "We saved the house!" MJ cheers, this made Belly and Steven cheer with her, laughing happily as they all hugged.