01

Aurora Brown was sat with MJ when she got the call. The call that broke her heart completely shattered. "What's wrong?" MJ questions as she sees her friend stand there, then falling to the floor.

"Shit!" MJ exclaims as she rushes to her friend, engulfing her in a hug. Aurora simply cried her lungs out, MJ was there for her the entire time. That was when Rory Brown died and Aurora Brown came out.

When the day of the funeral came, Aurora walked into the church, the pearls Susannah gave her covered her neck while the black dress flowed from the air conditioner breeze.

It was like she couldn't breathe, the pastor spoke on about her as if he knew Susannah, as if he knew her kind heart and free spirit. Aurora Brown didn't have anyone, and it was all sinking in at that moment.

She sat in the back of the church, watching as different people around her cried. "This was the song that she always asked me to play for her." She hears causing her to look up and see Conrad Fisher holding his guitar. Even in the crowd of people, Conrad still managed to find her eyes.

"Oh, where, oh, where can my baby be? The Lord took her away from me. She's gone to heaven,
so I got to be good. So I can see my baby when I leave this world." Conrad sings, making eye-contact with the girl, this broke her.

When Aurora's mother died, Susannah used to sing this song for her when she stayed over with them. It was a lullaby for her in a way, but this time it was torture. The boy's voice broke as he vocalized, turning to the girl with a small cough.

Aurora gave him a reassuring look, the boy nodding. He continued vocalizing to the song making Aurora smile slightly. Aurora drove with some funeral goers to the wake, everyone knowing who the girl was and sending her sympathetic looks.

When Aurora walked into the house, she tried to find a small room, but when she walked in she saw Conrad lying on the couch. "Conrad?" Aurora questions, this caused the boy to sit up quickly. His eyes were puffy, and so were hers.

"Can I sit?" She questions, Conrad nodding and sitting up as she sat down on the couch. "I'm sorry-" "Shh." Aurora shushes him as she smiles at him with pity. The boy let more tears fall down his face, leaning his head on her shoulder. 

"You don't have to say anything, I forgive you." Aurora says as she runs her hand through his hair, Conrad continues crying. But when she feels a presence behind her, she turns and sees Belly holding a plate of food. "For him?" Aurora questions as Conrad turns and sees Belly.

Belly wordlessly puts the plate on the table, Rory sending a tight smile. "Thanks." Aurora says as Conrad rushes up, Aurora's heart slightly dropping. "Belly...Belly, wait." The girl hears echo through the halls. Aurora stood up and walked out, watching from the staircase.

"She was helping me." Conrad says defensively. "So you'll accept her help but not mine? Got it. Glad to know where I fall in the ranking of ex-girlfriends." Belly says.