09

Aurora stood next to Laurel as she snapped photos of Steven, Jeremiah, Conrad, and Belly. "Aurora!" Jeremiah calls, the girl smiling as she waved, but Jeremiah waved her over. "Take a pic with us!" Steven exclaims, this made Aurora giggle as she stood next to Jeremiah, smiling at the phone.

When the photos were done Aurora grabbed the box of her belonging from her house, loading them into Laurel's car.

"So, you're really leaving?" Conrad questions, Aurora nodded sadly as she stood in front of the group. "I have to be back in time for rehearsal. But whenever you guys need me just give me a call." Aurora says, her smile wavering at the group.

"How soon can we get back here?" Jeremiah questions. "I'm free any time, bro." Steven says, Aurora nodding in agreement. "Yeah, uh, and volleyball camp's not happening, so I'm... I'm good, too." Belly comments.

"I have to go to Stanford for orientation, but I could probably get back here for, like, the Fourth maybe?" Conrad says in a questioning tone. "The Fourth? Cool." Steven says. "Yeah." Aurora says with a smile.

Everyone suddenly turned to Belly, the girl shaking her head. "No, no, no! We don't have time, no, no." Belly says, everyone but Aurora pleading with her. "Come on, for old times' sake." Steven says, Belly sighing. "Fine." She says as all the boys put down their bags, grabbing Belly.

"We're gonna need some help Aurora!" Steven shouts, the girl walking over and helping them with Belly, a smile on her face. They counted down and threw Belly into the water, all of them laughing joyously. 

First Jeremiah jumped in, then Steven, then Conrad. "Come on Rory!" Conrad exclaims, and for once she felt like she was Rory. She jumped into the pool with a cheer, sinking into the chlorine water then coming up with a grin. 

They played in the pool for what felt like forever, but it was time to go. "I'll miss you." Conrad says as he helps her pack away her things. "We'll see each other soon." Rory says as she kisses his cheek, Conrad placing his hand on her cheek. 

"Promise?" Conrad questions. "I promise." Rory says as she gives him a quick hug, then climbing into the backseat of the car, watching as the beach house grew smaller and smaller.

She immersed herself in music from Swan Lake and about 3 hours later she was back at her school. When Rory walked into her dorm, she saw MJ sat on her bed. Rory landed on her bed face down, groaning in frustration. "Let it out sweetie." MJ says, continuing to flip through her book.

-7 months later-

Rory's schedule filled up, after leaving the summer house, her classes and ballet performances took up her life. In December, she was chosen as the Sugar Plum Fairy for the Nutcracker, posters of her face were plastered around town, she was well known.

It was the first night and Rory was freaking out backstage, holding herself close. "Don't sweat it, you're going to be amazing." Cassandra, the one who would be playing Clara says. "Thanks Cass." Rory says shakily. "Don't mention it, now go, it's your cue." Cassandra says, this made Rory's eyes widen, beginning her part.

Conrad sat in the audience, watching as Rory walked on stage, the crowd cheering for her. She sent the crowd a smile, beginning the dance of the sugar plum fairy. Conrad watched her in awe, she was beautiful and everyone in the crowd knew that.

She was truly happy as she got changed backstage, dressing into a sweatshirt and flared leggings, slippers on her feet as she held several bags. "Rory, got some flowers for you." Juan, the stage coordinator says, this made everyone in the wings ooh. 

Rory flushed as she held the bouquet of lilies and lilacs, a small note attached to it. 

"You looked so beautiful, I'm so proud of you."

-C.F

 Rory's heart swelled as she held the flowers close. But the sudden realization struck her. He was there. He watched her dance. "I-I gotta go." Rory grabs her stuff and rushes out, looking everywhere for that oh so familiar face. 

Her eyes welled when she couldn't find him, the girl going to sit on a bench, looking down at the flowers in her hands. But the sound of a throat clearing made her look up, meeting eyes with the ones she fell in love with. Before he can utter a word, Rory stood up quickly and hugged him.

"You came." She says softly, Conrad continued to hold her close as he smiled. "I wouldn't have missed it for the world." He says softly, the girl pulled away and grinned happily. "Come on, let's go catch up." She says as she grabs his hand and her stuff, dragging him to her dorm.

"We missed you on the fourth." Conrad says as he plays with the jellycats that lined her bed, smiling softly as he looked at the ones he got her all that time ago. "What did you name him again?" Conrad questions as he holds the plush in his hand, it was a green gremlin that Rory thought looked so ugly he was cute.

"Gremmy." She says softly, sitting on her bed next to the boy. MJ was out for the night with the theater club, which left their shared dorm empty for the night. "Remember the day I brought him home to you? You freaked out and smiled so wide it made me want to buy you all the jellycats you could ever want." Conrad says, looking at the several bunnies, bears, and one hippo lying on her bed.

Rory flushed as she looked out her window. "I lied earlier. I missed you on the fourth." Conrad says as he uses his thumb and index finger to bring Rory's face to face his. "I missed you too Conrad." She says, a small smile showing up on her face. 

The duo moved closer together, but when the door opened thy separated. "Hey Condo." MJ says, this made Conrad roll his eyes with a chuckle. "Hey MJ." He says as he looks back to Rory. "I'll see you soon." He says, leaving a final kiss to her cheek, this made Rory blush bright red as Conrad walked out of the dorm room.

When the door shut MJ immediately turned to her friend. "So...are you two like back together now or what?" MJ questions, this made Rory throw a pillow at her. "It's just a question!" MJ exclaims, but it was muffled from the pillow.