four

~

"a-are we almost there?" Taehyung whispered fearfully.

Jimin had decided to take the younger out to a cafe for lunch, since the rain had stopped pouring in the early hours of this morning. He wanted to get Taehyung out of his stuffy dorm room and hopefully try to spark some enjoyment into his upcoming university year.

However, due to the eventful day Taehyung had the day before, he was quite reluctant to leave.

He had yet to explore the city of Seoul, and the towering skyscrapers and crowded streets were quickly making him feel overwhelmed.

He clutched firmly on the elbow part of Jimin's jumper, and would huddle close whenever he was knocked by a passer by.

"almost tae, i'm sorry, i know it's busy" Jimin sighed, wrapping his arm around the smaller.

He cursed himself for deciding the lunch rush would be a good time to go.

Taehyung mumbles a small "it's okay", keeping himself tucked up in his new friends embrace until they made it to the small coffee shop on the corner.

As the small bell above them dinged to announce their arrival, Taehyung's anxiety quickly eased.

The acrid smell of coffee instantly invaded his senses, and although the younger wasn't a fan of the drink, the sweet warm caramel and chocolate that accompanied it was relaxing.

Taehyung's grip on Jimin's sleeve gently came too, his hand falling to his side as he shyly took in his surroundings.

The light chatter of the odd customer filled the air, followed by the soft ensemble of jazz music filtering from the record player in the far right corner.

"jiminie" Taehyung whispered, blinking cutely to get his hair out of his eyes.

The brunette smiled but kept his arm around the smaller. Feeling him visibly relax.

"it's cute in here isn't it? this whole street isn't on the districts prominent road for the lunch rush employees. so it'll always be nice and quiet for us"

Jimin gave Taehyung's shoulder a gentle squeeze, before letting his hand fall. The younger nodded slowly, playing with his fingers.

"i-i like it in here" and the small box smile that followed was nothing short of adorable.

"why don't you go and pick a table? drinks are on me, what would you like?"

Jimin's bubbly yet warm personality was enticing for Taehyung. He can't believe he had been so scared of him yesterday.. he was nothing like Baekhyun!

"um c-can taetae have a hot chocolate please?" he whispered, wide doe eyes gazing up at Jimin through his blonde fringe.

The older couldn't help but coo.

"of course you can" he smiled, thumbing his bread cheeks. "go on, take a seat. Jiminie won't be long"

Taehyung giggled at the soft touch, before nodding his head. Heading over to a table in the far corner, out of the way from prying eyes and customers.

The small boy sat on one of the comfy chairs, wiggling his bottom to get a feel for the soft cushion.

He brought his backpack up onto the table, taking out the contents inside with a bubbling feeling of excitement.

Jimin said he was allowed to show him all his cute stationary and stickers! And Taehyung was so excited, he had brought almost everything he owned.

His beige pencil case came out first. Tiny embroidered flowers laced the outside and his pens matched too.