eight

~

Taehyung ran out of his bathroom, freshly washed hair drying against his forehead as he hopped to his bedroom door. Pulling on the fluffy socks he likes to sleep in.

The boy's body was draped in an oversized top as he opened the door. The insistent knocking making him believe it was Jimin on the other side, back early from his date with Namjoon.

But Taehyung's smile crumpled to see his flatmate Baekhyun.

"h-hello" he stuttered, shying away behind the door.

Baekhyun's face was stitched with that usual smirk he has plastered on whenever he sees the small blonde. Eyes raking up and down his body like usual.

"is this yours?" He asks, skipping formalities to hold up the crayon drawing of a teddy bear he found laying on the kitchen floor.

Taehyung gasped, stepping out from behind his hiding spot.

"yes! taetae must of dropped it on the way back here, thankies!" he smiles, reaching out to take the drawing back.

He had worked hard on that piece whilst having lunch with Jiminie in the kitchen today. He had drawn nugget from complete memory! And was so excited and happy with himself to tell the stuffed animal that he hadn't even realised he had dropped the drawing.

But the boy's smile fell when the paper was held out of reach. The tall raven tutting as he played faux innocence.

"now that's not very nice Taehyung is it?" The boy asked, pouting dramatically.

The blondes hand stayed in the air, small fingers moving to form a fist.

"um w-what is?"

"you drew a picture and left it out, knowing that i'd see it and want one too. it's not very nice to draw pictures and not offer your flatmate one now is it?"

Taehyung gasped, hand falling to fidget with his other. His heart started to beat a little faster as guilt flushed his already rosy cheeks from his warm shower a moment ago.

"taetae no mean to hyung! i-i promise!"

The man seemed to smirk at 'hyung', leaning his side against the door frame.

"i think you should make it up to me"

The boy's eyes widened at the chance to make his flatmate feel happier.

"how?"

"draw me a picture"

"taetae can do that!" colouring was his specialty after all.

"great, come on then"

Taehyung's smile fell once again when the tall boy started to walk away.

"w-where are you going?" he whispered out.

"to my room?" Baekhyun rolled his eyes like it was the most obvious thing. "you can't draw me a picture in your room, you don't know what my stuff looks like after all. come on, you can have your own drawing back once i get mine" he smirks, walking down to his room casually.

Taehyung stayed still, beginning to fidget with his fingers again. He looked at the boy's retreating back and then into his own room.

His room was dimly lit, fairy lights glowing all cosy with blankets and his laptop laying on his bed. A movie Jungkook recommended him to watch set up, ready to be played.

Baekhyun made him feel uncomfortable, but this could be his chance to get the scary boy to start being nicer to him.

Unsure of what to do and not wanting to keep him waiting to get angry, Taehyung ran into his room and picked up his colouring pens, dashing back out in his fluffy socks and oversized top, his small legs stayed bare.