seven

~

Yoongi sighed as he stepped into his off campus flat, the old bulbs in the hallway flickering on as he chucked his keys into the little handmade pot his roommate had made.

His jacket smelled like bbq smoke, as his hair probably did too. And despite the sleep clawing at his eyes from a busy day, the raven haired couldn't help but sprout a smile.

Images of a hyper and doey eyed blonde who babbled almost nonsense but had the tightest grip on Yoongi's jacket. Who had looked so small in the elders lap and who's giggles had been louder than the whole restaurants atmosphere and people combined.

But Yoongi's smile started to disappear the further he walked inside his flat. Kicking off his shoes and flinging his jacket onto their second hand sofa as he passed it.

Remembering how he had made a fatal mistake in calling Taehyung's flatmate Jimin. Don't get him wrong, Yoongi knew it was the right thing to do. Taehyung clearly wasn't in his usual frame of mind and this brunette boy who had bombared Yoongi with questions before he could take Taehyung out clearly knew why.

He just didn't expect Jimin to be so.. rude?

Truth is the second Jimin picked up the phone and heard those adorable yet recognisable giggles, he was running out of his accommodation and down to the korean bbq joint within minutes.

He had snatched Taehyung out of the ravens lap, as if Yoongi had been a predator trying to lure a cub away from its mother.

"jiminie!" Taehyung squealed, clapping his hands at the familiar face.

"taehyung" he breathed out, almost as if he was relieved. His eyes scanned the younger's body, checking for any cuts or bruises.

Yoongi raised his eyes at that, growing quite offended at Jimin's reaction to him.

"tickles" the blonde giggled, swatting Jimin's hand away from his face.

"care to explain what happened?" Jimin asked, and his tone was far from polite.

"excuse me?" Yoongi asked, standing up. "care to explain to me what has happened? Taehyung was himself one moment and like this the next!"

Yoongi wasn't annoyed or angry that Taehyung was acting the way that he was. The boy found it all incredibly endearing. He was annoyed at how Taehyung's roommate was treating him. As if Yoongi was a danger.

Jimin sighed, hoisting the little to sit comfortably on his hip.

"tae bub, I told you not to slip in front of people you don't trust, it's dangerous"

"he can trust me, what the hell?!" Yoongi snapped.

"taetae trusts yoonie!" the little lisped, flipping his head to the raven. "yoonie an taetae" he smiled, making grabby hands.

Yoongi didn't even get the chance to coo because before he could reach out to take the blonde back, Jimin was backing away.

"it's time to go Tae, come on you've had a busy day"

"jiminie no! taetae stay wiv yoonie!!" Taehyung cried out, not understanding why he was suddenly being taken away. Had he been bad by slipping in front of his new hyung?

"are you seriously leaving?" Yoongi asked, watching Jimin collect the little's stuff.

"Taehyung's currently in little space, he's better of with me tonight, good evening"

And with no explanation of what a little space was or is, Yoongi was left baffled and angry. Missing those two bright bambi eyes already.

"to not slip in front of people you don't trust, what the fuck?" Yoongi muttered, walking into his bedroom and sitting down at his desk.