Chapter 2

September 25th, 2013 Japan, The Yukimura Reserve

Y/n was now 16, but still as mute as ever, while her sister Kira was 17. The Yukimura family was in their home in Japan, when Ken suddenly yelled for the girls to come downstairs.

"Y/n! Kira! Come downstairs, we need to talk!"

Both of the said girls walked out of their rooms at the same time, their looks saying 'oh God, what did we do?' and they both walked downstairs together. Their mother and father had been sitting on a couch in the living room, both seemingly waiting for the two girls.

"Come, sit." Noshiko said, gesturing to the empty couch in front of her and Ken. Kira and Y/n sat next to each other, glancing at each other before looking at their parents.

"What is it?" Kira asked curiously, while Y/n tilted her head curiously.

"We are moving soon, more likely in the next month." Noshiko said, being straight forward.

'WHAT?!" Kira said, extremely shocked by this information, while Y/n just looked happy in general to be moving, she didn't really care much since she didn't have a lot of friends. Kira was the one who had at least some friends, Y/n would normally just skip school. Yet she somehow managed to have straight A's, and the only classes she didn't skip were English and Art. Her parents knew about it, but they didn't care much since she was still getting good grades, but they told her that by next year she needed to do better.

"Yes, your father got a new job opportunity and it was in Beacon Hills, California at Beacon Hills High School. Since we are moving, we decided we would transfer you guys over there as well." Noshiko said.

"But what about all my old friends? And why do we have to leave Japan?" Kira asked, whining slightly.

"Come on now Kira, it won't be that bad, and plus you get to make some new friends, and you have a phone for a reason sweetheart." Ken said, smiling.

Y/n looked at her family, specifically Kira, and signed 'Besides, it's not like we had much friends, and I know you do but I don't. It would also be good to try exploring new places and meeting new people, this could be good for us, come on big sissy.' Y/n signed, smiling.

"Yeah, what your sister said, and this time maybe you could try making some new friends too Y/n." Ken said. That made Y/n instantly start shaking her head no, smile dropping immediately.

"Yes sweetheart, and you better try making it to class, this is a new school sweetheart, and we cannot afford to let you skip as much as you did. I understand that you get picked on, but maybe this new school will be different, and you can actually make some friends. Give it a try, but if it still doesn't work then stay in with your father during break and lunch, so that way you don't have to face anyone." Noshiko said. This made Y/n think for a second. It was true, Y/n did get picked on quite frequently since she was mute, and her family knew it too.

They tried everything they could, talking to the office, switching schools, but nowhere seemed like a good fit for her. Kira, having a feeling that Y/n needed some comfort, reached her hand out towards Y/n, and smiled comfortingly at her. This made Y/n feel just a slight bit better, but she was still anxious, she didn't know what Beacon Hills was like, and she hasn't stepped foot in America since she was adopted by the Yukimura's.

"Maybe mom and dad have a point, let's give it a try, and if things still don't work out, then we can try something else, but I will try to protect as much as I can little sis." Kira said, putting her hand on Y/n's shoulder.

"Better yet, I'll be there too. Nothing will happen this time, and I will make sure of it." Ken said.

Y/n hesitated a bit more, and after some thinking, she finally nodded yes, deciding that maybe this was different. At least she hoped it was.