Chapter 6

October 28th, 2013 Beacons Hills High

Scott and Stiles were walking down the hallways, as Stiles explained his hallucination he had earlier. It was strange, like every was using some kind of hand symbols to him, and he couldn't understand what it was.

"Scott, I'm telling you. It was so strange, like everyone was in a trance." Stiles explains to his best friend.

Scott pauses, before looking back at Stiles, "Wait, you said they were using hand signs?"

"Yeah... Pretty sure it was sign language."

"There's only two people that we know use sign language, maybe Deaton and..."

They looked at each other with a look of realization, "Y/n."

Y/n had been walking down the halls of the school with her backpack on, ready to go to her father's classroom to go home since it was the end of the day. Kira was already there, she said she was going to do some research about bardo. Y/n knew what her sister was up to, it was obvious she had a thing for a certain brown haired boy.

When Y/n turned into the next hallway, she was met with two familiar faces, Scott and Stiles. Y/n looked at them confused, as they seemed like they needed something.

"Hey, Y/n How ya doing?" Stiles asks.

Y/n gives him a thumbs up, letting him know she was alright.

"Listen, we kind of need your help with something." Scott asks.

"I was wondering if you could tell me what a certain phrase in sign language means." Stiles says.

Y/n looks at them confused, as she gets her whiteboard and marker out. She writes on the board, "What for?"

"Uhh, t-uh..." Stiles stutters, looking at Scott for help.

"We just wanted to learn some in case we ever needed to talk to you." Scott lies.

Y/n smiles at the two boys, thinking that they were trying to be sweet. She nods at them, telling them to continue.

"Well, the first move was like this," Stiles makes a point with one finger, and makes the other go around. "Then there was this," He puts his two hands together, while making one go up and then return back to its original position. "Two times, and then there was," He makes a hand gesture to his chin. "In between the two."

Y/n tilts her head, wondering as to why the boys needed to learn a phrase like that, but she writes on her whiteboard, "When is a door not a door?"

"When is a door not a door?" Stiles says, slightly dumbfounded.

"When it's ajar." Scott says, looking at Stiles.

Scott and Stiles look at each other, knowing they needed to go see Deaton. Stiles pats Scott's chest while looking at Y/n, "Thanks, for helping. See ya later. Good day." The boys walked off, leaving Y/n in confusion.

"Such strange boys. Hope they learned what they wanted to." She thought to herself, as she made her way to her father's classroom.