Chapter 8

October 29th, 2013 Beacon Hills High School

Y/n and Kira made their way down the long hallway. They turned a corner, and they were met with the unexpected growling of an animal. Both of them paused, looking at each other, before looking down the hallway to see an angry coyote. Kira immediately grabbed Y/n's wrist, and they ran towards the nearest room, which happened to be the boys' locker room.

They set the bags down by the door in a hurry, and Kira led Y/n to one of the locker sets, and they pressed their back against the lockers. Y/n held her breath, while Kira slid down. They heard the coyote break the glass, and it walking through. Both of them held hands, terrified of what was happening.

The coyote let out a loud growl, and both of them stayed as quiet as they could. Kira decided to look to see where the coyote was. The coyote growled, and Kira quickly turned her head back. Right as they thought the coyote was going to attack, Y/n feels someone grab her arm, and since she was holding Kira's hand, Kira went with her.

Y/n turned to see who grabbed her, and it was Scott. Scott pushed the lockers down, they went down like domino's, trapping the coyote. Kira out a sigh of relief, glad that the coyote was gone, while Y/n stared at Scott. Scott stared back, and Y.n furrowed her eyebrows in confusion, before checking to see if Kira was alright. "How is he that strong? And how'd he know where we were?" The mute girl thought to herself, as she hugged Kira. She looked back at Scott, and so did Kira.

"Thanks." Kira said, while holding onto Y/n. The two let go of each other. Y/n nodded at Kira's words. Scott was staring at the two with a look of concern, "You guys alright?"

They nodded. "Thank you." Y/n signed, and Kira translated for her.

"You're welcome." Scott said, before leaving to go get some help.

The police arrived, along with the sheriff, and the two sisters were talking to their dad, who ran there after hearing the incident.

"What were you two girls thinking?"

"They left their bags, dad. And we just wanted to do something nice. You do something nice, you make friends." Kira says. Y/n gives her a sad look. She knows her sister was only trying to do something good to make an effort with the two, she didn't know that was going to happen.

Y/n was about to sign something when suddenly there was a man that stormed in. He grabbed something from Stiles' hand, a doll. He started yelling at them, and the sheriff stepped in. The three Yukimura's looked at each other, before staring back at the scene before them. The sheriff pushed him back, before pausing. The sheriff lifted up his jacket, and everyone in the room paused in shock. He had a gun on him. Ken stepped in front of his two daughters, and the sheriff pushed the man away, yelling at him that no matter if he had a permit of not, no guns should be in or near the school.

After that crazy incident, the Yukimura's went home. Kira went into her room, and Y/n went into her's. She sat down on her bed, thinking. She thought about what happened, how thankful she was for Scott being there. She was happy he saved them, and she decided to put it into art.

Since Y/n couldn't speak, she had to use other ways of communication. The main ones being a whiteboard and sign language, but there was one that she didn't use very often. Writing and Painting. A lot of the artwork in her room was her own, and she didn't tell anyone about her skills. The only people she told were her family. She kept it hidden because she was afraid people would try and throw her in the spotlight when she didn't want to be, or they would criticize her.

She thought about the coyote, and Scott. She thought about how brave he was, and how he saved them. She thought about the way the coyote looked. Since she couldn't tell him how thankful she was, she decided to draw him an art piece as a thank you.

She spent the next 4 hours painting and writing out a note to put with it. After she finished her painting, she moved onto the poem she decided to write for him.

She finally finished. She was proud of , and in the right bottom corner she wrote, "Brave, courageous, and kind. Thank you my savior, for I am forever thankful. A protector, a leader, a fun to be around. That's who you are, thank you. Scott Mccall." in black ink.

        She felt kind of cheesy writing something like, and she hoped he liked it

She felt kind of cheesy writing something like, and she hoped he liked it. She wanted to give it to him the next time she saw him. She hoped his reaction would be good. She's afraid he might think she's weird, but she wanted to show her thanks.

(A/n I CAN'T RHYME FOR SHI-

If you guys have a better version, please don't be afraid to share it with me. I suck at writing poems, and this was kind of rushed.

What are your guys' thoughts on Y/n so far? Don't be afraid to share, I'm currently working on chapters 9, 10, and 11, so those will be up very soon. Hope ya'll are doing well, baiii! <3)