Chapter 5

October 28th, 2013 Beacon Hills High School

After that strange occurrence that happened the previous day, both Y/n and Kira could not stop thinking about the two boys. Kira was more so thinking about Scott, while Y/n was thinking about both the boys.

She knew that her and her sister would most likely see the two boys again. She wanted to see them again, she wanted to see if the two boys were alright. Kira just wanted answers, but she also wanted to see Scott again.

The next day at school, the two girls went on with their day as usual, but they hadn't seen neither of the two boys yet.

When they went to lunch, that's when they finally saw Scott and Stiles. They were talking with their friends, and when Y/n counted them there were 5 of them, two pretty girls, one other boy, and Scott and Stiles.

Kira and Y/n sat down nearby where they couldn't be seen, but they were close to the point where you could hear their conversation. Y/n, not wanting to be rude, looked away and tried her hardest to not eavesdrop, while Kira overheard the conversation, not caring about privacy, but also because she couldn't help it.

Y/n only understood some words, like "hallucinations" or "what's happening to us" from the group, while Kira overheard basically the whole conversation.

When Kira stood up to go talk to the group, Y/n grabbed her wrist. Kira turned around, slightly alarmed by Y/n's movement, but Y/n's eye were what made Kira give in.

"What's wrong, Y/n? Do you not want me to go over there?" Kira asked her Y/n, and Y/n let go of her wrist.

'Don't go. I don't know what they're like, and if you go then I will want to go, and then they will make fun of me and laugh and-'Y/n signed frantically, but Kira gently grabbed her hands to make her stop.

'Then you don't have to go, stay here. I think I might have an idea of what they're talking about, and I might be able to help. Remember that things Dad taught us? Bardo?" Kira asked her sister. Y/n nodded, looking down at her hands.

"I think that might be what they're experiencing, or talking about. It seems like they are troubled. I can try my hardest to help. If you feel uncomfortable talking to them, then you don't have to go. I'm not forcing you to, write in your journal while I'm gone." Kira told her sister, with a gentle smile, and then she walked away to join the group's conversation.

Y/n stayed where she was, and decided that since her sister joined the conversation, she would listen. The boy, Scott, speaks up after a strawberry blonde asks Kira what her name was. Y/n smirks, but stays put nonetheless. Y/n could tell that her sister was happy to be speaking to them, as she continued speaking about the different stages of bardo. When a black haired girl asks Kira what the last state was, Kira answered honestly. Y/n knew that the last stage was death, it what their father taught them.

Y/n sensed the awkwardness and somewhat panic throughout the group. She decided that now would be a good time to go grab her sister.

Y/n walks up to the group, specifically looking at her sister. 'Kira, we should go. Dad wants us in his classroom, he says its something important.' Y/n signs, making up an excuse to remove her sister from that awkward situation.

The group all looked at her as she signs to her sister.

"And who are you?" the strawberry blonde asks. Y/n looks at her sister for help, since she knows that the group of friends don't know shes mute.

"This is Y/n. She's my sister, she's also mute. Which is why she isn't speaking." Kira says, giving a reassured smile to her sister. Kira knows this is hard for Y/n, but she also knows how friendly Y/n can be.

A look of shock hits the group faces, but also a look of understanding as well.

"Well its nice to meet you Y/n. I'm Scott, this is Stiles, Lydia, Issac, and Allison." the boy says, pointing to each person. Stiles gives a small, awkward wave, while Allison smiles, Lydia smirks, and Issac just gives a head nod.

'Nice to meet you too, you all seem very nice.' Y/n signs, and Kira starts to translate, but only gets half-way through before she gets cut off by Allison.

"Nice to meet you too, Y/n." Allison says, giving a welcoming smile to Y/n, while the rest of the group looks at her in shock and confusion. "My dad taught me sign language when I was 13."

'Oh, makes sense. Glad to know that at least someone else besides my family understands me.' Y/n signs, and Kira playfully rolls her eyes at Y/n, while Allison laughs. The group are confused as to what Y/n said that made Allison laugh, so Kira translates for them.

The group, finally understanding, chuckles at Y/n's joke. 'Well we wouldn't want to keep our father waiting, but it was really nice meeting you guys. Hope to see you again soon.' Y/n signs, a big, happy grin on her face.

"It was nice talking to you guys too, and Kira?" Allison says, right as the two were about to turn around and leave. The two sisters turn around in question. "Thank you for the information, about bardo."

"Of course, and if you need anymore then just ask me or Y/n. All of you guys."

"For sure. See you guys later." Scott says. The rest of the group wave goodbye, and Y/n waves back before walking away with Kira to go meet their dad.

"Well, we certainly got some information, and two new friends." Stiles says, as all the group shares a look.

(A/N) So sorry I haven't been updating recently. Things have been rough and tough, but i'm on Thanksgiving break now, and I feel more confident in writing again. More updates coming soon, and hopefully longer chapters too!