11: Being Followed

Chapter XII: Being Followed

(Note: unedited, raw version)

Warning!:
Contains violence,
not suitable for minors and sensitive readers.

—— ∞ ——

A few days later…

    “KIM.”

Napalingon si Georgina sa taong tumawag sa sa kaniya. Kababa palang niya ng sasakyan sa tapat ng bukana ng Mansion nila.

It was her brother. Nakabalik na pala ito. Kasama rin kaya nito ang tatay nila na muntik na siyang ipahamak?

     "Kuya," She greeted. "Where is he?" She asked, pertaining to their father.

     “He’s in the penthouse at the Hotel. He has some business deals, as he said. How are you? I’ve been waiting for you since I came back the other night, hindi ka raw umuuwi sabi ni Gen.”

Nilampasan niya ang kapatid papasok ng mansion. He followed her. “I only came here to get some things. Aalis rin ako pagkatapos. If he’s asking, tell him I’m unscathed. The next time, magpapabaril nalang ako kung ang silbi lang pala ng buhay ko is to become the sacrifice to aim for his selfish goals.”

     “Georgina.”

Matigas na sambit ng kapatid niya. He grabbed her arm for her to face him.

     “Stop saying that! You have me and Genevieve! Don’t be so reckless saying those things! Nandito kaming dalawa na kapatid mo. I understand that you’re mad about what happened. Believe me, masama rin ang loob ko dahil sa nangyari that resulted in a heated argument between Father and I. Kapatid kita, I was so damn worried after hearing that he sent those trespassers without you knowing! Just thinking that you might get hurt makes me mad at him.”

Georgina remained silent and just stared at her brother. Yes, she’s too upset about what had happened that night. She felt betrayed by their own father. Although parang wala naman nakakagulat din doon dahil hindi talaga nito iniisip ang kapakanan nilang magkakapatid. They are just his f*cking puppets.

Inalis niya ang kamay ng kapatid sa braso and sat down on the sofa tirelessly. She pinched the bridge of her nose as she closed her eyes tightly.

     “It’s not the only reason why I’m not coming to our house and seeing you two,” she breathes out.

Napakunot noo ang kapatid niya sa sinabi,

     “Huh? Why? What else?”

     “I’m being followed. It was the day after the incident. Hindi ko pa malaman kung sino, I’m letting Tyler and Sienna find them for me. I’m being cautious right now, Kuya. I don’t know if it was from the Mafia or from the enemies of our father. Nag iingat lang talaga ako ngayon. I have to be careful not to blow up my cover, mas lalong magagalit ang tatay natin kapag di ko natapos ang misyon.”

     “I’m being followed too!”

Sambit iyon mula sa hagdan, pababa doon si Gen, still in her pyjamas. “Kaya hindi ako makapag clubbing at bar ngayon because of them! Tsk! Even if they hide discreetly, I still can feel them— It was the same day as you said, Kim. Mga lintik!” Tumabi ito kay Georgina and gave her a quick embrace. “I miss you, sis! I miss you din, kuya! Tara shot puno!”

     “Ah, kaya pala ilang case ng beer ang nakita ko sa may garahe na nakatambak. Did you order them? All of that?” Geoffrey asked, magkasalubong ang mga kilay.