Chapter 3

"But why? I don't understand."

"Lynexia have you noticed anything out of the ordinary? Anything."

"Now that you mentioned it...I always feel like there's someone in my room when I sleep."

"Come you're moving out."

"Somewhere I can keep an eye on you. For some reason someone sees you as a threat."

Kellam lift her up. He watch her cheeks turn red and raise a eyebrow. "Are you feeling OK?"

"I'm OK." He nod and walk out of the room with her. Its the first time she has seen beyond the door. "I smell blood."

He look at her weird as he too smell it. But the kicker is its far from the castle.

"You smell blood?"

"Since I came here. Weird things have been happening. I smell things and I hear things sometimes. When I sleep I see things."

Kellam was deep in thought. He have to get the witch here. She should be able to tell him what's going on.

He reach his room door and open it. Lynexia gasp. It was the most beautiful room she has ever seen. She didn't know gold and obsidian go this well together.

"You'll be staying here with me. Only Jen is permitted to enter. I'll have your books and clothes move here."

"This room is fit for a..." Her words trail off as her eyes widen. "This is your room!"

He smirk as her face flushed.

"Now it's our room."

A knock came at the door before it open and a stunning woman walked through.

"I feel you call me Kellam. What seems to be the problem?"

"Why are you asking when you know the damn answer Alina?"

Alina roll her eyes before they fell on Lynexia. She fell to her kneels with her head bowed. "Your Majesty."

"Alina what are you doing?"

"The mother of dragons have arrived."

"What?" Lynexia look at Kellam. "Mother of dragons?"

"Alina stand up."

"I don't have the power to do so your Majesty."

"Alina please stand,"Lynexia said. Alina rise to her feet looking relieved. "Now explained what you mean by the mother of dragons because the last time I checked I'm human."

"Yes you were human before coming here from your world. You're here to rule along side King Kellam."

Kellam stood silently with a dark shadow over him.

"It's written in the book of fate. She will have enemies."

"Someone tried to poison her."

"Then the war has begun. They know she is here. Protect her at all cost or you will be the only dragon lift if she die. I will now take my leave."

Alina bow before leaving the room.

"What are we going to do?"

"There hasn't been a mother of dragons in centuries." He look at her and see how worried she is. "Just don't go anywhere alone."

"I can go about freely?" A smile bloom on her face.

"Not without guards. But I have to find out who enter my home without my permission."

Her stomach grumble and she blushed.

"Come let's get you something to eat."

She nod and stood. She was still weak so she held his hand as not to fall.

When they got to the dining area he pull out a chair for her to sit. Maids came our from somewhere and set out lots of plates.

"Are you going to eat with me? I can't eat all of this."

"You eat first."

And eat she did. She didn't need alot for her to feel like a Christmas turkey.

Kellam took note of everything that she ate. He didn't smell anything out of the ordinary about the food but he was on guard.

A guard came into the room and bow. "The council are in the throne room Your Majesty."

He then turn and left.

"The council? Is that a bad thing?"

"They are nosy geezers. They have nothing to do with their pathetic life."

"I'm finished."

"You're coming with me."

"Do you think that's a good idea?"

He stand and lift her to her feet. "It's never a goof idea when the council is involved."

She was anxious but didn't protest. She was sure they won't try anything with Kellam around.