Chapter 5

A shrill cry rang through the castle startling everyone. King Kellam who was in a meeting jump into action. Soldiers follow behind him up to the Royal library.

Kellam throw open the door to see Lynexia on the floor. He rush to her and he could feel the heat radiating from her body.

"Someone is dying Kellam."

"Where does it hurt?"

"Everywhere. What's going on?"

"Your Majesty! We just got news that some humans are damaging the eggs."

"That must be what you're feeling Lynexia." He turn to the soldiers and said,"Make sure those humans die painfully."

"With pleasure."

"Hold on love. It will be over soon."

"Why is this happening?"

"You're their mother. You're connected. Don't talk anymore."

Lynexia smile weakly before her eyes started to drift close. "I'm...sorry."

"No no. You're not leaving me. You just got here."

Her eyes drift close and a roar of pure pain shake the castle.

The maids and the soldiers head hang as the king mourned. Once again they lost another queen. All it took is a few days. Just like Queen Catherine before.

"I'm sorry Lynexia. I'm so sorry."

"None of this is your fault Kellam."

Kellam look up and saw Catherine and Lynexia.

"You're a great king Kellam. I'm glad for the little time I got to spend with you."

"So did I Kellam. Take care of her children. Happiness will come again and it will last this time."

"Goodbye Kellam."

"Goodbye Lynexia."

He rise to his feet with her in his arms and walk out of the room. He make his way down down to the lava pit.

"Rest well Lynexia. We'll meet in the afterlife one day."

He place her on the floor and her body was encases in glass.

He wonder how many time he will lose a queen. He doesn't deserve one. Centuries alone make him get use to being alone. He won't let Lynexia died in vain.