Chapter 14

Selah walk through the back gate and to the beautiful part of the forest Kellam show her. It was the perfect place to get her tan on. Being locked up in the castle was making her as pale as a ghost.

She was in a simple dress. It wasn't too small or too fluffy where she can't see her toes.

She push back the curtain of greenery and step through. She could feel the sun on her face already.

She walk through the beautiful trees to the lake that was centered right in the middle. She kick off her shoes and strip. She spread the blanket she brought and lay down on her stomach. A sigh leave her lips as the warm sun hit her back.

Kellam push back his chair and went in search of Selah. He remember her saying something about sun bathing. He have no clue what that is but maybe she can explain. He don't understand alot about where she came from. Times are different now from when the others came.

"Have you seen Lady Selah?"

"She went out the back gate Your Majesty."

So that's where she went. He went out to the garden and out through the gate. The walk to the other part of the woods was short.

He pull back the greenery and enter the cave.

"Selah?"

He walk further into the woods and he saw her lying by the pond.

Without clothes.

"Selah what are you doing?"

"Sunbathing. I guess you don't sunbathe."

"That can't be good for your skin."

"It's normal where I came from. Plus it's relaxing."

He sit against a tree and she look up at him. "I thought you have royal duties to carry out."

"I'm done. I've been doing it for centuries so it's like nothing to me. The blood moon is approaching."

"Will something happened?"

"It's the night the dragons will hatch. I've dream of the day I can finally hold one of them. The last time one of them hatch my mother was alive. Once the mother of dragons died then the dragons died with her."

"So why did they show up now?"

"They show up...because you're here."

"Close your eyes." Kellam close his eyes and Selah pull on her clothes. "You can open them now. So what are you trying to say?"

"All my mates that ever come here were meant to be queens. When they show up dragons show up as well."

"Can you have like normal kids?"

"Are you interested?"

Selah roll her eyes. "Don't get your hopes up. Just curious."

"I dream of a family of my own but I push that idea aside as soon as it comes. I don't want my kids to live like I did. I'm scared they will inherit the curse I have."

Selah saw the visible pain on his face. He has been through so much that he don't see a future for himself anymore.

"We'll get through this together Kellam. I promise."