Chapter 6 - Ryosuke

New Chapter!!!✨💘✨

Back to Ryo's POV (yayyy!!!). How are you feeling about this story so far? Is it like you imagined?? Do you like the quotes?

I hope you are enjoying and if you want to see more action going on, I promise more things will happen in the near future so please sit tight. More is to come. 😎😌

But for now, enjoy this chapter ❤️🫶🏻❤️
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Tell me where it hurts. Stop howling. Just calm down and show me where."

- Margaret Artwood, The Blind Assassin

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Submissive people are unfavourable and dull.

There was no personality or chaos in that. There was no thrill in that. There was absolutely no reason why anyone should be submissive.

Sure, people who work under us should be submissive to some certain extent. I expect them to be compliant and offer their loyalty. I expect them to do what they're told but to also raise issues that can be managed in a more efficient manner. But under no circumstance do I want them to kiss the ground I work

People who desire that aren't built for hard work. They can, however, be the scapegoat when matters turn south. That was the only use they could serve.

Naturally, seeing her being all submissive and looking vulnerable struck a nerve. No, it struck several nerves.

In fact, it pissed me off.

Not a lot of things does that.

Except her. She pissed me off all the time.

Growing up, I've learnt to shut down or tone down multiple emotions and feelings. My father didn't really own them in the first place, so naturally Minori and myself were also missing a few emotions here and there but we were otherwise normal. We just both learnt to rise above emotions.

Well, I did. Not so much my sister or at least not completely.

Initially, I saw that as weakness, but I've come to the realisation that I was glad my sister had emotions. That she was a little more normal than I was. That she could express her emotions when and where necessary.

Regardless, I hated Kaya robotically replying, 'yes sir' and 'I understand." Over and over again. It was ridiculous and nothing like who she was.

Under normal circumstances, she would be throwing a weird look here and some smart comment there. She was far more intelligent than most men I knew and how her brain was able to come up with such colourful words and comments was beyond my understanding of the dictionary or literature. Although I must say, I did prefer tactics, science, and mathematics over literature. It was more conclusive and led to straighter answers.

With the exception of a few variables which can change the whole equation or idea.

In my life, that everchanging variable that I had very little control of was her.

And that was how I liked it.

I enjoyed observing her interesting course of action and unexpected remarks and creating multiple solutions and figuring and deciding which solution was the best (or worst to prolong the situation), and then again, watch her reaction.

However, I couldn't even do that anymore.

She acted in a way that was predictable. Obvious. Boring.