Chapter 11 - Ryosuke

New Chapter 📣📣📣

⚠️Warning: Gun/weaponry are mentioned within this chapter. Please take care of yourselves and read what is most comfortable for you.

The real deal is now about to start from now hehehe. Very excited for the next few chapters. 🤭🌷😌

Enjoy reading!!!🫶🏻🐾😎

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"It''s so much darker when a light goes out

than it would have been if it had never shone."

- John Steinbeck

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I had no idea what prompted me to make her learn how to use a gun.

She didn't need to know or learn how to use one. I would never take her with me anywhere that would warrant a need to use a gun.

I could lie to myself and say that regardless of me being by her side, she could still be in danger, that she'll be vulnerable, an obvious target. But the naked truth was, I just needed her close to me.

I don't sleep.

Not for the same reason as Minori or Kaya. I just can't sleep. Sleep never came naturally to me like majority of the population and in the small handful of hours I do get sleep, it's restless and hardly rejuvenating.

When I decided to lay next to her last night, I imagined it would go along the same way I kept Minori company when she slept after a nightmare. Give her a sense of protection, a barrier, a guard. Let her feel safe enough to be able to sleep. But it seems she was the one who brought me the calm.

After a couple of minutes of observing her as she slept, brushing through her tangled hair with my fingers, I watched as her cheeks slowly retrieved back its healthy punk hue. I traced with my eyes her full pink lips that were slightly open apart and those thick long lashes fluttering before unknowingly, closed my eyes and slept too.

It was rejuvenating as it was calming. And it was one of the most peaceful moments I have experienced in a long time. 

And thankfully, she hadn't experienced any nightmares thereafter.

Making myself busy with setting up the target and check that I do in fact have a loaded gun with me, I start walking several feet back, the grassy ground slightly soft from the morning dew under my leather shoes.

Out of the corner of my eye, she reappears in her own clothes with her long black hair tied back walking over towards me. Kaya often commented that she was jealous of the way Minori walks elegantly commanding respect, but I couldn't understand her envy. Sure, my sister yielded power that demanded respect, but Kaya walked in a way that brought everyone's attention on her. It wasn't demanding or commanding. It was natural and effortless.