Chapter 7 - Kaya

New Chapter!!! ✨🩵🩵🩵✨

Another chapter you may have seen from Tiktok, I hope you like reading it.

I should be studying for my exams tmrw but I wanted to post this chapter before it haha. (Pls wish me luck I need to pass this exam🥹)

Enjoy your reading time. ✍️✍️✍️

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"You can decorate absence however you want, but you're still gonna feel what's missing."

- Siobhan Vivian

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This wasn't right at all.

But I didn't think that way.

I know there was something wrong with me but who knew I was this . . . fucked?

Technology and computer work was something I had always enjoyed but wasn't always good at. It was Kenji who taught me the art of hacking and well, stealing information. Kenji did it to the kids who would bully and torment other kids. He was righteous in a very skewed way. Quite befitting in the world we lived in. In the world I was living in.

But I wasn't using these skills for some righteous reason, not truly.

I was going through each and every single person affiliated to our organization who had access to profit numbers, pricing numbers, wage numbers and well, any numbers. And then match it with their paid numbers.

This process is tedious and for the most part wasted effort. Kenji probably would have known a much more efficient method to find where the missing money went in the first place, but my knowledge was limited and I didn't really want to learn more.

In saying that, I found someone who not only had 24-thousand dollars that was unusually extra to their paid amount, but also an extra 892-thousand dollars that just does not match. Simple logic says that this person is responsible for the money being lost. But instincts said that this was all just a ploy.

"What are you doing?" A condescending voice questions with an edge of disapproval. I turn around in my chair to face her.

"I don't think it concerns you." I reply back looking at my younger sister in the eye.

Hikari was everything I was not.

Intelligent in that genius way, pretty in the idol way, and like her name suggests, bright. Not to me of course, but bright and bubbly towards our mother, her friends, anyone who wasn't me.

"Are you pretending to do the things Kenji used to do? How low are you going to go? How far will you go to pretend you're grieving?" She interrogates, carving out a larger wound somewhere in me.

The urge to breakdown then and there was so violent, I could feel the pressure behind my eyes and my throat tightening, constricting my airflow. But I will myself to keep my composure in check. I cannot cry in front of my younger sister. I cannot show her my weak side.

I may be hurting but she was hurting too. She loved Kenji as much as I did.

Besides, it would be easier for her if she hates me. Facing death and loss was and is easier when you hate the person. If you loved and care about that person, their death could break you – it broke me.

I didn't want that for her.

I'd much rather be hated from her now.

"I'm doing a task for Ryosuke-san."

She puffs out a fake laugh.

"Already trying to be miss perfect? Doing everything you can gain back whatever you had? You know that's not possible. Once I go to uni and graduate, I will take over this family. I will provide for mum. We won't need you!" She leaves and slams the door. The sound loud and echoed in my ears. It's only a sound. It's only one thoughtless action. And yet . . . and yet, it hurts.

Everything in my life seemed like that course of action. Doors shutting in my face.

First it was Kenji. Then it was Mom. Then it was Hikari.

The pressure pressing against my eyes intensifies, and I wipe away whatever was gathering in them. I was so pathetic. So weak and stupid. Why was I crying over this? Why do I feel so insecure and useless in front of my younger sister? She was seven years younger than me for goodness sake.

I turn around to face the screen once again, but I lost whatever concentration I had. There would be no point attempting anything now. I would only mess things up far worse than I have.

Grabbing my keys and phone, I leave my room and walk out the house. Common sense told me I should take the car or at least bring an umbrella. The weather these days had been a miserable mayhem and today was no exception.

The sky was yet to free its tears, but it was grey and cloudy.

But I couldn't care less and begin to jog which then, turned into a run. I run along the path that I have become so used to running over that I didn't even need to think where I was going. My legs took me to where I needed to go.

Within 20minutes, I arrive to the open, large black gates that were oddly comforting and slow myself, so I was walking inside. Taking a familiar route down along the narrow road, seeing names after names after names of people I don't know and would never know of, I arrive at my destination.

"Sorry I came here again, and without flowers. I promise I won't stay for long." I whisper out as I crouch down and run my fingers across the metal words that exists against the grey slab of rock.

Here lies Kenji Hashimoto

1st of October 1999 ~ 24th of September 2014

A thoughtful son and a loving brother

May you rest in Peace

"Can I come over to you soon? I promise it won't be like any other times. Will you come and get me when I do come over to you?"

I wasn't too sure whether he was agreeing or disagreeing to my request, but rain begins to sprinkle down until it started to pour, drenching me wet.

"Is that a yes or a no?"

"Do you ever learn from your mistakes?" His voices hit my ears and I look up realising that the rain was no longer pouring over me.

He was holding an umbrella over me and instead of me getting wet, he was.

"W-why are you here?" I question as I stand up to meet his face. His pitch-black hair now appearing to be even more black if that was even possible. Drops of rain cascaded down his hair and face every now and then, making me realise how sharp his whole face was.

He doesn't answer me. He just stares into my eyes communicating very well that I should've at least brought an umbrella.

I look away from his harsh gaze, unable to keep in contact with them. But as soon as I do so, he takes my chin and pushes it up, so my eyes were meeting his once again.

"You will not look away from me again." He grabs my arm immediately after his comment and begins to pull me out of the cemetery and pushes me inside his car, clicking the seatbelt in place.

"What are you doing? Where are we going?" I stammer out confused.

In his usual fashion, he doesn't give me a reply and clicks his own seatbelt in place before he backs out of the place, driving first on familiar roads until it led to unfamiliar roads. Empty roads.

No cars were in sight.

A normal person may scream and shout. But he wasn't normal and I knew protesting now when the car was on the road wasn't going to get me anywhere.

So I leaned my head against the window and allowed myself to not care for the while. Just a little bit, I tell myself. Just for now, I can thinking about nothing. I will worry about it all later.

All later.