|1|sorrow

Note - The Chapter contains the mention of Anxiety Attack, being burnt alive, an orphaned kid and mental health issues. It can be triggering for some, refrain from reading if you have Anxiety Issues.

AUTHOR

Nidhi : Rohit, I have landed in Delhi, meet me after an hour in Rogers's cafe, Near Hotel Garden.

Nidhi sent a text to Rohit before shoving her cellphone into her jeans pocket.

It was 9 pm when she landed in Delhi. Clutching her suitcase, she emerged from the airport.

As May brought a rush of people around the airport, the atmosphere was vibrant with excitement. Happy families and children eagerly anticipating their vacations surrounded her. Realizing she wouldn't find a cab easily, she began walking from one lane to another. Fatigue started to set in, but then she spotted an empty cab. Waving it down, she opened the door and got inside. As she settled in the cab, a sudden realization hit her, causing her to flinch and her breath to shudder.

"Please open the windows," she anxiously requested the cab driver.

The leather seats felt searing hot, and the warm air coming through the window wasn't helping her breathe; instead, it intensified her discomfort.

After approximately fifteen minutes of drive, she arrived at the hotel. Settling the cab fare, she entered the hotel.

Awkwardly dragging the suitcase by its handle, she approached the receptionist

Awkwardly dragging the suitcase by its handle, she approached the receptionist. Public places, especially crowded ones, always made her feel uneasy.

"A very good evening, ma'am! How may I help you?" the receptionist asked, smiling.

"Check a room under the name of Nidhi Vaidya," she spoke, with perturbed expressions.

The receptionist's keyboard taps echoed throughout the large reception area as she checked the room details. After a few seconds, she spoke up.

"Yes, ma'am. It's room number 132. Can I have your identity card for confirmation?" the receptionist asked.

She retrieved her identity card and slid it across the desk. The receptionist checked the details before placing the card back on the desk. She picked it up and carefully stowed it in her purse.

"Thank you, ma'am. I hope you have a comfortable stay in our hotel," the receptionist said.

"Is there anything else, ma'am?" she inquired.

"No, nothing. Just get my suitcase into my room," she requested the hotel staff.

"Can we lead you to the room, ma'am?" another staff member asked politely.

"No, it's okay. Just get my luggage to my room. Which floor is the room on?" She questioned.

"Fifth floor," a staff member replied.