|11| wedding

VAIBHAV

The wedding ceremony, was planned to be held at Ajay Uncle's house, in his garden.

He wanted his daughter to get her Vidaii from his own house, not from any marriage hall or any hotel.

He expressed a desire to revisit those memories whenever he missed his daughter. According to him, he couldn't be with Nidhi and couldn't care for her as much as he should have.

Whole house, was decorated from lights and fresh flowers, to welcome Nidhi-my soon to be wife.

I was inside the changing room, preparing for the big day.

Aadarsh took charge of the decorations for my room. This time, I explicitly warned him against playing any pranks.

After everything was set, we headed to Nidhi's house.

My mother radiated happiness, finally getting what she desired-an addition to the family in the form of a daughter-in-law.

Observing the affection between my mother and Nidhi brought immense joy. They weren't going to be your typical mother-in-law and daughter-in-law duo.

I anticipated Nidhi to be at her window, observing the proceedings. However, as my eyes shifted in that direction, I spotted Shivani and Priya sharing laughter.

Both of them were well aware of why I directed my attention there.

Uncle guided me to the mandap and helped me settle in.

"Call the bride," Priest said after preparing for the rituals he had to do.

After around twenty minutes, I saw Nidhi, her gaze lowered, taking small and careful steps, walking towards me.

She adorned in a Red lehenga and heavy jwellery

She adorned in a Red lehenga and heavy jwellery. She looked absolutely breathtaking, akin to a goddess gracefully approaching me. Witnessing her in this moment left me breathless. As she raised her eyes, glancing at me and then promptly lowering them out of timidity, I found myself at a loss for words to adequately describe her beauty. I was utterly speechless.

I've never been a particularly religious person, but if ever there was a moment to believe in a higher power, it would be precisely this one. For how could such exquisite beauty be mine if not for the existence of something divine? Coherent thoughts escaped my mind like oxygen, leaving me in awe of her presence.

Reaching the mandap, Shivani and Priya helped her to sit beside me, to my right.

Abruptly, my mother came forward and hid Nidhi's face with the veil.

"Bhaisahab, I hope you don't mind but no one can see Nidhi's face before muhdikhai,"she said, hesitantly.

Ajay uncle, immediately nodded.

The priest started chanting the holy mantras. "Keep the bride's hand in grooms's hand,"he said after chanting the mantras for almost twenty minutes.

Just then Ajay uncle came forward.