|27| slumber

Vote, Comment.

Follow Meehira__writes❤️

Sorry for late update, quite busy these days.

___

"Simply put, you got startled, I mean, while we were in the closet," he said, making it obvious. Here I was, trying hard to suppress those thoughts, and he had to bring it up.

"Actually, I thought it was someone else," I replied, turning to retrieve the bread crumbs from the refrigerator to coat the tikkis.

"Exactly, why? Did someone?" he inquired, looking keenly at me.

"No, Vaibhav, nothing like that. I was just being cautious. It's better to be cautious than sorry," I explained, stealing a glance at him while he looked at me intently.

"You know, no one can enter the room except family members, and there are two guards at the main gate," he reminded me, slipping off the stool and walking towards me.

"You are safe here," he assured me, walking behind me. Abruptly, his hands neared my hair, and he pulled out the hair tie. "Vaibhav, I'm working," I reminded him, as my hair became loose and untied. He gently tousled my hair, his fingers deftly weaving through the strands, occasionally his hand grazing against my back, eliciting a pleasant sensation that left me feeling slightly dizzy.

"I know," he acknowledged before effortlessly braiding my hair, his hands brushed against my nape, and his touch, like electric current, sending a shiver down my spine. I slightly turned towards him, and he met me halfway, now facing each other. "Thank you," I expressed my gratitude. It was good to know he could braid hair.

I had my own personal hair stylist now.

His hands reached for my face, adjusting the strands behind my ear without any hesitation. "You were getting disturbed, and so was I. Your hair was effortlessly hiding your face from my view, the face I have been missing for a week," he confessed, smiling warmly at me, I weakly smiled at him.

"Okay, let me finish, otherwise we'll be having these in the dinner," I redirected the conversation, walking past him to retrieve flour from the counter.

After completing the preparation of the tikkis and serving a batch, I relinquished the kitchen duties to Rupa, and made my way to my mother-in-law's room, where everyone had gathered.

The décor and wall colors varied from room to room. In Vaibhav's room, a soothing lemon yellow adorned the walls, while Maa's room boasted a serene light turquoise hue. Although Maa's room had slightly smaller windows compared to Vaibhav's, it offered direct access to the lush lawn, a coveted feature.

Photographs of the family adorned every inch of the walls, creating a nostalgic ambiance. Maa's room was sparsely furnished, yet each piece exuded elegance. Interestingly, a television graced every room, seemingly a requisite fixture.

However, the television in Vaibhav's room remained largely unused, as his frequent absences rendered it superfluous. Personally, I found little interest in indulging in movie-watching activities.

Roshni was comfortably seated on the bed with Maa, prompting me to consider joining them. However, as I glanced at Vaibhav, I noticed his gaze already fixed on me. He sat alone, on the three-seater sofa, in the middle. Without hesitation, I silently approached and settled beside him.

As I found my place, my attention was drawn to the TV screen, displaying our wedding video accompanied by romantic melodies and snapshots from our reception.