|13| not so easy

I Dedicate this chapter to Bhumishri, for so many comments, and for voting the chapter. Thank you so much for your support. I smiled a lot while reading your comments. Love you💕

___

I could still feel her nails at the back of my neck, yet I remained still. She continued breathing harshly and trembling, and I kept stroking her back, providing comfort.

Her voice of breathing, reverberated through the room, the sole auditory presence. Our proximity generated a palpable warmth between us, intensified by perspiration amid this stressful scenario.

Witnessing her in such a vulnerable state, my heart ached. How could life burden one person with so much pain?

Her head still rested against my chest, and as she began to calm down, even my heart rate started returning to normal.

Suddenly, I felt her shifting. I understood, she might be embarrassed by the situation, and I struggled to find the right words to reassure her. I wanted her to know, that she could reveal all her vulnerabilities to me without the fear of me judging her. I aspired to be her sanctuary, where she could find peace, like a refreshing glass of cold juice in a hot summer day.

 I aspired to be her sanctuary, where she could find peace, like a refreshing glass of cold juice in a hot summer day

She tilted her head slightly, looking up at me, and our eyes met. Tears welled in her eyes, and I swiftly wiped away the ones that escaped.

"Shhhhh, calm down. Take your time," I whispered, sensing her struggle to express herself.

NIDHI

In my entire life, I never wished for anyone to witness my vulnerability, yet here he was, navigating my weakest moments with such grace that it overwhelmed me. His kindness perplexed me.

For the first time, I didn't rely on pills to ease my anxiety. His handling of the situation surpassed my ability to articulate my gratitude. A simple thank you felt inadequate compared to the thoughtful gift, the way he slipped the ring onto my hand, and, above all, his compassionate understanding of my vulnerabilities. Even before marriage, our initial encounter and the dinner he arranged contributed to my newfound happiness.

As I regained composure, the reality of our close proximity struck me. My hand rested on his neck, my head close to his chest, sensing his heartbeat. Drenched in sweat, embarrassment overwhelmed me, and I hesitated to meet his gaze.

Unwilling to maintain the current position, I attempted to sit up. However, my fatigued muscles protested, causing pain in my spine and stomach. Despite the discomfort, I gathered every ounce of energy to move.

"Calm down, Nidhi," his reassuring voice offered some solace, though sitting still proved awkward. Sensing my struggle, he placed a supportive hand on my shoulder, guiding me to lie back on the bed. He tucked me in with a duvet.

"Rest for a while; you must be exhausted," he suggested, concern evident in his words.

"I'm fine," I protested, interrupting him.