☪~'|Prologue|'~☪

An world without demons, a place without any hint of pain and sorrow, is what everyone would have wished for, atleast for demon slayers. Happiness can be obtained but it can't always be with someone for very long, when happiness is destroyed, it would be followed with the scent of blood..

------
~'|Prologue|'~
~^|The smell of blood|^~
~Tanjiro's pov~
-----

My family never had an easy life, ever since my father passed away, I took it upon myself to help my family in any way as the eldest son and the eldest child. My family worked with charcoal, and I would also help the people down the mountain where we lived and sell it to them and helped with problems they were facing. My sister, Nezuko, always told me that everyone always seemed to like me, and said my kindness is what does it all. My other siblings just loved to follow me everywhere, and I do love to stay close to them as well. My mother would always say it was because I had beautiful eyes and my face attracted others. Either so, I still done my part as an helpful villager, hoping to inspire someone one day to do the same.

Even if I was not in the best state along with my family, everything was perfect, and I couldn't ask for anything else...

That was until one night...

-----

"You sure your able tog o down the mountain today? Your catch a cold, and the sun is going down faster lately..." I smiled at my mother's words, she was always concerned for our health, ever since father died. "I'll be fine, who else can sell this charcoal?" As my mother cleaned my face, my siblings shattered around me, atleast the younger ones, not wanting me to leave them and kept asking to come along. My mother declined, telling them they would slow me down and does not want me to have to carry all of them. They begged and cried a little and I smiled at them. "I'll be back, I promise, it's only for a bit...the people down there need warmth...you should go inside and get some warmth in your body as well, it's cold out here."

After a long time of convincing them, they finally agreed to let me go and I waved my family goodbye as I began to decent from the mountain. "Tanjiro!" I heard my sister, Nezuko yell. I turned to her and smiled. "Good evening Nezuko!" She looked concerned and worried and walked over to me, with carrying the youngest of us on her back. "Tanjiro...the sun is gonna set soon, in atleast a good 3 hours... it's a long way down and back up... not to mention there could be demons out there, I wish you luck on your journey." I was surprised, she believed Grandma's words.

Some people like our grandmother, said there were demons in this world, but I always thought they were stories to scare little kids. However, families from the villager's always claimed their family was found murdered in the morning from a different area. It scared me to think about how it happened apparently demons come out at night, but I didn't want to believe something as horrible as that ever existed. "I'll be sure to come home safely..." I replied and she smiled, suddenly, I took a wrong step and managed to slip down my way and Nezuko screamed my name and I crashed onto a tree and my ankle crashed onto a rock and I yelled out in pain.

----

"Tanjiro...your gonna be alright, just avoid walking on your ankle right now okay?" My mother told me and my siblings looked worried. I slowly nodded, upset that I had to get myself injured. However that same night, I watched as the stars began appearing and I admired the view and Nezuko smiled as she fixed my bandages. "Beautiful aren't they? I always thought one day if I find someone, I could watch a similar view." Nezuko always wanted to find herself married but also love a happy life with her family, and I respect her for that.