chapter 7

Y/n POV

"I'm faded(so lost, I'm faded) these shallow waters never met, what I needed~ I'm letting go, a deeper dive. The eternal silence of the sea, I'm breathing, alive" I finish singing, and once again, silence. I go out and check jax's door, wide open. I look in, and sure enough. Everyone is there. I really need to find a new way of getting them to their rooms. Or maybe I can get caine to give me something so they can hear me from their rooms. I pick up gangle and take her to her room. Then ragatha, then pomni, then zooble, then kinger, then I get jax into bed. He's still asleep this time so I quietly leave and go back into my room. I lay down on my bed and start trying to sleep, but I can't. I know what to do.

I slip out of my room and quietly go through the hall and out the tent. I walk behind the tent to find a hidden ladder. This is where I was this morning and during hide and seek. I climb up the ladder and lay on top of the tent, looking up at the stars. This is much more relaxing then staying In my room. I eventually start falling asleep under the stars.

▲⬤six hours later⬤▲

I wake up to some commotion below me in the tent. I climb down the ladder and go in to find creatures that look like gloinks combined with rats running around eating everything. I heard zooble lock herself in her room, good choice for her. I see Jax on the stage with a stick, swating at any that get near him. I go over to him and kick one that goes after me. "Hey Jax, what's going on?" I ask

"Caine decided to combine gloinks with rats and now they're out of control and he doesn't know how to stop the things" Jax says as he swats at another one. I grab a stick and start swatting through them and try to get over to ragatha, who seems to be struggling. Jax follows me. He swats one right in the snout and it goes flying. "Ragatha, you ok?" I ask as we make it over to her. "Yeah, I'm ok Y/n" she says. I swat two at a time and they fly over towards the lake. I hear gangle as she runs over. "Guys! Those rat things, they hate water!" "Yes! Thanks gangle, now we know what to do" I say.

We all start swatting the gloink-rat creatures towards the digital lake. I swat one into the water and it melts. "Wow, they definitely hate water" Jax says. We swat the rest of them into the lake and finally get a rest. I sit on a block by the opening of the tent and Jax sits on one next to me. Gangle goes to tell zooble that they're taken care of and it's safe to come out of her rnights few hours later point is rambling on about an exit door again, I don't know why when she knows what's behind them. Jax gets up and goes into his room and I go to mine soon after.

Maybe I should try using some of the cloths and hoops? I don't think I did before but then again I never sang or played any instrument other than the violin so I might as well give it a try. I go over to one of the cloths and start trying to wrap it around my waist in a way it can't come undone on its own. After that I use the cloth and climb to the high roof, wrapping it around my legs as I go. Just as I get to the top my door rattles and opens, Jax Standing in the doorway. I don't think he knows I'm here. He walks around and I watch him to see what he does. I accidentally kick the wall next to me and Jax looks up and sees me.

Jax POV

I have to see Y/ns room. I get up and grab the key to her room out of my dresser and go to her door. Hopefully she's not there, or I might be in trouble. Oh well, if she is I can just deal with it. I open her door and look around. She's not in sight, that's good. I walk in and start looking at everything. Her room looks so nice, she's lucky. I don't know why there are cloths coming from the ceiling though.

I look at some more of her stuff before I hear a quiet thump from above her door. I look up to where it came from and Y/N!? what is she doing up there? It's dangerous. Wait, why do I care? I don't know but I do. "Y/N WHAT ARE YOU DOING" I shout "heyyyyyy Jax... What are you doing in my room?" She asks. Uh oh, not good. "Nothing, just looking around" I say. Hopefully she believes it.

Y/n POV

"

Just looking around huh?" I say. I move my leg and I go down to the ground, stopping before I hit it. Jax looks like he just saw a ghost. "You ok?" I ask. Maybe it's because I just did that. I unwrap the cloth and look at him again. He looks like he's calmed down again, so that's good. "Yep, I'm fine. Definitely wasn't about to lose it because you dropped from the ceiling" he says. I hold in a laugh and he pretends not to notice. "So is that what you do when you aren't playing music or out there?" He asks. "No, it's my first time doing it. Just felt normal to me so I did it" right as I finish talking ragatha calls for us and says that dinner is ready. Yay, I'm hungry. Jax walks out and I go out behind him and we both sit at the table and start to eat

Sorry I haven't been posting. I have to study for finals, pack, keep my motivation up, beat commitment issues, and deal with other things. I'm going to try and get a chapter out every week. I'm also going to make the next chapter a Christmas themed one. Hope you enjoyed this one though, and have a good morning/day/nightღ