𝐢𝐢. 𝐬𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐠𝐮𝐦𝐦𝐲 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐦𝐬.

chapter 2! sour gummy worms

🦋🩵🌊

THIRD PERSON

🦋🩵🌊

"hey pete!" mckenna maximoff says, closing her locker door and locking her lock

"hey kenna what's new?" peter parker replies to his best friend.

the two have been inseparable ever since mckenna first transferred to midtown tech after being rescued and recruited by the avengers. after she transferred it was a bit strange at first saying it was the middle of the year and most of the kids have already been friends since grade school, and then she met peter parker. he wasn't much taller than her, wore glasses bigger than his face, and was a huge nerd. it was hard being the new kid. so when she got into decathlon because of her grades, she was introduced to peter. peter was scared to talk to girls, and especially beautiful ones like mckenna. they started to talk to each other and she ended up telling peter about her extra circulars with the avengers, him freaking out at first but he then got behind it. he helped her with her american accent, and she helped him with his social awkwardness. at least, she attempted to. when the pair met ned leeds in robotics, it was like they met their twin. the three have been friends since that robotics class in freshman year. through all the drama, all the pimples, and all the changes, they stuck together.

"nothing much. just the avengers acting like children nothing new," mckenna replies, smiling.

that smile fades as liz allen walks past the two, fluttering her eyes at peter, and walking into mckenna. mckenna rolls her eyes at the senior and continues to walk to her class, leaving a love struck peter, who's walking too slow for her liking, in the hallway.

peter, after having a mental crisis, notices that his best friend is no longer by his side and he doesn't see her through the crowd of people in the hallway.

mckenna takes a seat at her assigned table waiting for peter to get un-love struck and sit down next to her.

peter walks in as the second bell rings and sits down on her left.

"how was liz looking today?" mckenna blankly asks.

in reality, she doesn't care. when she first transferred to midtown tech, liz and mckenna were friends, and then she completely dropped her and started to spread rumors about her. peter, who knew nothing of this, was head over heels for the senior.

"fine," peter states, trying to keep up with the notes.

"hey mckenna and peter. did you see that stuff about spiderman last night? he stopped a bus with his own two hands!" betty, one of mckenna's friends, asks the pair.

"i've seen stuff about him but that's quite impressive," mckenna replies, going to the youtube tab on her computer and typing in spiderman.

peter stays quiet as his best friend looks up his actions of the night before.

he couldn't bring himself to tell her that he's putting himself in danger. she was with him when the spider bit him and she freaked out over him passing out let alone him fighting crime every night. in peter's opinion she didn't need to know. she's an avenger herself and she has more important things than to care about a minor neighborhood super hero.

"damn this guy is so sick. he can literally stick to walls!" mckenna whisper exclaims, watching the clips unknowingly of her best friend.

"yeah that is cool," peter says, laughing to himself.

★・・・・・・★

"peter, do you wanna do something after school? i really don't wanna go back to the tower after last night. it was ridiculous!" mckenna states, walking with peter to their favorite sandwich shop.

"sorry kens i can't may needs me to clean tonight," peter lies.

he knew mckenna could easily read his mind and find out that he is lying to her and about his own extra circulars. he was also aware that she hated being able to read people's minds and wish she could switch it out for something less invasive. he was taking her kindness for granted and he knew he shouldn't, but he knew it would hurt her more if he told her, than if he didn't.

peter walks a little fast to the door to open it before mckenna gets the chance to.

"thank you," mckenna states, a haze over her nose turning to a light shade of pink.

peter grabs two packs of the sour gummy worms and sets them on the counter.

"hey mr. delmar," the pair say in sync.

peter tells the man their order while mckenna makes her way to the cat.

"hey buddy," she says in a high pitched tone to the cat, scratching his neck.

"damn kid you're head over heels," mr delmar says.

"what? no," peter replies, crossing his arms around his chest.

"whatever you say kid. but just friends don't look at each other like that," he says handing peter the sandwiches.

peter hands him ten dollars and thanks him before walking over to mckenna and tapping her shoulder.

"you ready?"

"yeah i'm good. bye murph. bye mr delmar thank you!" mckenna says giving a warm smile to the man.

"you're always welcome mckenna. see you two tomorrow," he says, winking at peter.

peter raises his eyebrow and opens the door for mckenna once again, walking out of the shop, with sandwiches and gummy worms in a bag.

★・・・・・・★

💌

peter and mckenna are so babygirl

<3
mads