𝐱𝐯𝐢𝐢𝐢. 𝐡𝐮𝐫𝐭𝐟𝐮𝐥 𝐛𝐞𝐠𝐠𝐢𝐧𝐠.

chapter 18! hurtful begging

🦋🩵🌊

THIRD PERSON

🦋🩵🌊

"peter!"

"peter!"

is the last thing i hear before i punch flash in the jaw as hard as i possibly can.

my arms are pulled back behind me and mckenna's hand lands on my chest, holding me back.

i'm not even fighting it, i didn't want to start a fight in the first place, i just wanted flash to know he can't say that about my best friend.

"peter what the fuck?" mckenna says, grabbing my attention.

"he was being a bitch," i reply, my jaw clenching as flash looks like he did nothing wrong. she leads me to the kitchen and i lean against the counter, mckenna inbetween my legs.

mckenna holds my cheek, running her thumb over it softly. i didn't even feel the punch when he came flying back, but i feel it now.

"can we just go?" i ask, not wanting to be in that environment anymore, knowing mckenna didn't either.

"yeah, of course, ill go get ned," mckenna says, going to walk away, but i grab her wrist stopping her.

"he's having fun, he's the whole reason either of us stayed as long as we did kens," i reply, not letting go of her wrist, "i think we should just find him and let him know."

"okay," she says, nodding her head and intertwining our fingers.

★・・・・・・★

"does this hurt?" mckenna asks, as she sits an ice pack on my swollen cheek.

i wince at the coldness on my bruised face.

"good. what the hell was that stunt back there?"

"i told you. he was being a bitch and i was over it," i say, my blood feeling as if its boiling at just the thought of it.

"and i get that flash is always a bitch, but what encouraged you to punch him?" she asks, sitting down at the end of my feet on the couch.

"he said something about you," i mumble, crossing my arms.

"what?" she asks, holding her legs in front of her.

"he said something about you," i say louder, avoiding eye contact from mckenna.

mckenna pauses for a moment, not knowing how to feel, "what did he say?" she asks.

fuck. the one thing i did not want her to ask.

"i'm not telling you that," i state, shaking my head, and holding my ice pack.

"why not?" she says quickly.

"because mckenna. i can't tell you," i state, standing my ground, and continuing to avoid eye contact.

i know the second i see her brown eyes ill break, telling her every detail.

"just tell me peter. please? i can handle it," she begs.

"mckenna i can't tell you," i say standing up and walking to the kitchen island, leaning up on my toes and sitting on the counter.

"but why?"

"because it's not true. so why would i tell you something that could hurt you if it's not at all true," i say, looking her in the eyes.

"okay. you won't tell me. but if he won't say it to my face, it really isn't my problem," she says, smiling slightly, "if a man talks shit then i owe him nothing."

she shrugs as i laugh at her confidence.

"taylor swift creates the best life lessons," i say, smiling at her excitement.

"okay serious talk now. you need to stop getting into fights. first the guy in your building, now this. what the hell parker?"

"yeah i know. i'll try and be more calm i guess," i say, concealing the smile that creeps up from her concern.

"you better, or ill be the next fight you get, and it will not be fun for you."

"you'd win mckenna, every damn time," i say, knowing she would in a heartbeat.

i could never fight back. that's the real reason. she would win no matter what but, it wouldn't be a competition, because i don't think i could ever hurt her. no matter what she'll always be the anxious new girl who just wanted to fit it, and she made me feel like i fit in somewhere. that's a debt id never be able to repay.

💌

THEYRE SO BABY GIRL

<3
mads