𝐯. 𝐞𝐥𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐫𝐢𝐜 𝐝𝐞𝐣𝐚 𝐯𝐮.

chapter 5! electric deja vu

🦋🩵🌊

THIRD PERSON

🦋🩵🌊

2007

"maximoff!" a hydra guard screams from outside of her locked cell.

a tired seven year old girl walks over to the door.

"you're getting moved! let's go!"

she tilts her head and follows the guard.

he drops her off with one of the most talked about men in the whole hydra facility. the winter soldier. and somehow, mckenna wasn't scared.

they lock the cell as normal and she sits on an empty bed, looking at the man laying on the bed across from hers.

as a normal, seven year old instinct, she asks questions, "what's your name?"

"i'm the winter soldier," the man replies blankly.

"no i know that. but like your actual name," she says looking out into the starry sky.

"it's james," he states, "james buchanan barnes. what's your name?"

"mckenna maximoff," she says, continuing to stare out into the sky from the barred window.

"how old are you mckenna?" he asks, turning to face the girl.

"i just turned seven. my parents died in an explosion and then my older siblings volunteered to be test subjects for a new experiment thingy here. so then they brought me here," she explains.

"kid you shouldn't be here. it's way too dangerous for you," he says, remembering when he first was brought here.

"can i call you bucky?" she asks randomly.

"sure kid," he replies, getting a type of deja vu.

"goodnight bucky," she says, turning towards the wall.

"goodnight mckenna," he says doing the same, his brain racing over ideas on how to get her out.

★・・・・・・★

"barnes you have to not go easy on her," the instructor orders.

"yes sir," bucky replies, knowing he can't do it.

mckenna walks out to the training room, through the crowd of people, to watch the winter soldier take on a twelve year old girl.

"positions!" the instructor yells.

they both look at eachother in horror, worried what would happen if they don't do what their told.

mckenna has gotten a lot stronger than most of the people in that room other than bucky. she didn't even what to try that fight.

bucky knew himself and mckenna could kill everyone in that room, escape, and find somewhere to go. if she didn't have the last bit of family she had in hydra he would've done it. he has been training her after hours to become as strong as she possibly could. he pushed her and that's all she needed.

mckenna tries something she's only done once and it was with her sister who had the same powers she did.

bucky can you hear me?

she telepathically says to his mind.

his eyebrows scrunch as he slightly nods.

it's time.

he knew exactly what she was talking about. they've talked about it before. taking over hydra. letting everyone go. but it was impossible, or was it?

one... two... three. duck.

she sends a wave of her powers over the room, knocking everyone down to the floor.

she smirks as she steps on the main men who could be an issue to the pair.

bucky choke slams anyone in their way and they make a break for it.

they make it to the last door before mckenna suddenly gets electrocuted.

she falls to the ground. bucky's eyes widen, seeing the young girl laying lifelessly on the cold metal floor.

bucky picks her up before getting zapped with electro beating sticks.

"b-bucky?" mckenna stutters, opening her eyes to see bucky on his knees with the electric sticks being shoved onto his neck.

"no! get off of him! please!" she screams.

"mckenna. let me go," bucky says, a tear falling down his cheek.

mckenna's cheeks become filled with tears and dirt from falling.

"bucky!" she yells as loud as she can as they drag her best friend into the room where he loses his memory.

★・・・・・・★

💌

me 🤝 found family troupe

<3
mads