𝐱𝐯𝐢. 𝐦𝐜𝐤𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐚 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞𝐬 𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐝𝐞𝐫𝐦𝐚𝐧.

chapter 16! mckenna likes spiderman

🦋🩵🌊

THIRD PERSON

🦋🩵🌊

"looking good parker," the gym teacher says, as he walks around the kids doing sit ups

"now, see, for me, it would be f thor, marry iron man, and kill hulk," betty says counting off of on her fingers.

mckenna's face grows with disgust once her friend says that she would marry tony.

"well, what about the spiderman?" one of liz's friends ask.

mckenna didn't even want to be sitting ten feet near liz, but betty was friends with liz and she has to be around her. even if it single-handedly makes her blood boil.

"it's just spiderman," mckenna mumbles.

"what was that mckenna?" liz asks.

"it's just spiderman," mckenna says louder, glaring at liz, "and did any of you see the bank security cam on youtube? he fought off at least four guys."

"oh my god. our little kenna is crushing on spiderman," betty teases.

mckenna's face turns pink at the statement. she's only met him once, and she doesn't even know who he is yet.

"no way," liz says, leaning closer to mckenna, making her noticeably uncomfortable.

peter and ned have now become more interested in overhearing on their conversation, hearing that mckenna is fascinated by peter's secret identity.

"i mean sort of," mckenna says, turning her neck to hide her warm face.

betty hits her arm, "he's probably like thirty."

"you don't even know what he looks like, he could be seriously burned."

"well that doesn't matter because all that matters is what kind of person he is," mckenna defends, liz nodding her head in agreement.

"peter knows spiderman!" ned yells, causing the whole gym to go silent.

peter shakes his head, not taking his eyes off of mckenna.

"uh, no i don't. i- no, i-i mean-," peter says standing up and walking towards the group of girls who are sitting on the bleachers.

"they're friends," ned says.

mckenna raises her eyebrows at peter, getting a shrug as a reply.

"oh yeah just like coach wilson and captain america are friends," flash says, walking closer to peter.

"i've met him, yeah. a couple times. buts it's, um, through the stark internship," peter says stuttering, as he sees mckenna's wide eyed gaze, "yeah, well, i'm not really supposed to talk about it."

peter looks back at ned with panic filled eyes.

"well that's awesome. hey, you know what? mckenna you're going to liz's party tonight right?" flash asks.

"i wasn't planning on it," mckenna replies, uninterested.

"well you are now. peter you should invite your good old pal spiderman to liz's party. right liz?" flash asks the annoyed senior.

"yeah, you and spiderman are more than welcome to come," liz says, smiling at peter, getting his attention away from mckenna.

"you're having a party?" peter asks, softly.

"yeah, it's gonna be dope," flash replies, walking up the stairs to sit next to mckenna, "isn't that right princess?"

she elbows him hard in the waist, "you better back the hell up flash."

peter smiles as flash walks down the stairs immediately holding his waist.

"it's okay, i know peter's way to busy for parties anyway, so," liz says, making peter's face slightly look disappointed.

"come on, he'll be there. right, parker?" flash asks, walking closer to peter.

the bell rings, dismissing everyone from the hot gym.

mckenna walks with betty to the girls locker-room, the opposite way that peter and ned went.

"what are you doing?" peter asks, turning around to ned.

"helping you out! did you not hear her? mckenna has a crush on you," ned whispers.

"that's not what she said, and i don't like her like that. it would majorly mess up our friendship ned. i don't want that. she's the only long term friend ive kept," peter says, remembering that ned has been his friend for not much longer, "with the exception of you of course."

"okay ouch, but, dude. you're an avenger. if anyone in this school has a chance with mckenna, it's you," ned says, "she hasn't hung out with a single other guy, she doesn't like the popular girls, she hangs out with us, come on man. don't miss this shot."

ned walks away from peter, leaving him to think for a second, before getting interrupted.

"hey pete, you ready?" mckenna asks from behind him.

"yeah, i'm ready," he says, turning around to see another one of his missing sweatshirts around the girls waist.

"do you have your own clothes?" peter asks, as the two walk parallel to each other.

"yeah but yours are warmer," she answers, moving her backpack strap closer to her shoulder.

"kens, do you actually want to go to that party tonight?" peter asks, moving throughout the crowd of smart kids.

"i don't really want to but i also don't want another reason for flash to talk to me tomorrow, so ill probably just make an appearance and then leave," mckenna says.

"if you go i'll go," he replies, as she grabs onto the back of his shirt, in attempt to not get stuck in the crowded hallways.

he begins to walk slower so she doesn't have to walk behind him, and he wraps his warm hand around her wrist so they're connected.

"i already planned on making you go, im
not going to a place with flash alone, who do you think i am?" mckenna asks, smiling as they finally reach the doors to outside.

"you always keep life interesting mckenna, i'll give you that," peter says, leading her to the gate and opening it for her.

and yet, neither of them moved their hands away. it was comforting like that, and mckenna didn't want to mess that up. she would never want to mess anything up in her friendship with peter. even if he wanted to date her mortal enemy, she would encourage it, just to see him happy.

★・・・・・・★

💌

i flipping hate liz 😝✌️

<3
mads