Chapter 16: Kisses Don't Always Belong On Lips Part 2

Kevin, James, Jen, and Kris were sitting at a bar table.

"Bottoms Up," Kevin said as they all tapped their glasses together and downed their tequila. James was doing a sprite though. They all idly chatted for a bit as they drank.

Meg occasionally stopped at their table, but she was mainly with her other friends. It was a popular bar, pretty packed and expensive. But Jen couldn't deny how much fun it was to be here.

Kris was getting bored at the table so she grabbed Jen's hand and they ended up stumbling to the center of the bar. Kris wanted to dance.

A new song began playing, it was upbeat. Kris did a Fortnite dance, "Fuck yeah. I love this song!" Jen recognized the song: "I Got A Feeling" by Black Eyed Peas.

They both drunkenly laughed as they failed to keep up with the beat. Kris and Jen were belting the song, botching it with the wrong words.

Jen was gasping for air by the end of the song. She was laughing way too hard, but she needed it after everything that went down with Chad. And now everything that was happening with James. That's why Kris was such a good friend. She made things fun.

"I'm gonna sit down and have another drink," Kris said. But another song played, and Jen automatically swayed her head to the beat.

"I'll stay here," Jen said.

"You sure?"

"Yeah."

Kris nodded, moving through the crowd towards the bar.

Jen's eyes closed, surrendering to the music's rhythm as her body swayed with the crowd on the dance floor. The pulsating beat resonated deeply within her, echoing in her chest with each thump.

The sudden feeling of someone's arms wrapping around her waist from behind caused her eyes to snap open. She tensed.

"Relax, it's me," James cooed in her ear.

Dangerous. He pulled Jen closer to him, her back pressed against his chest. "I was watching you earlier. Kris left so I had to come help. You're not the best dancer after all," he teased, eliciting a reluctant smile from Jen.

With James's hand grabbing the skin under her shirt, Jen's breath hitched, her heart racing in response to his proximity. For the second time, she could really feel the seven inches between them; his chin pressed against the top of her head. Jen's eyes closed, enjoying their bodies swaying in perfect harmony. For a minute, they were both just feeling each other's breath... their heartbeats that almost became one. Jen couldn't differentiate them.

And then she remembered.

This is the same song she and James danced to that night. At Meg's party.

A memory came up.

"Jen. What do you want?" James whispered to her.

"I want him to hurt."

"The best way of revenge is success and moving on."

"No. I want him to hurt more than that," Jen said, hovering over James, who lay on the bed, anticipating her next move.

She brushed the spaghetti straps of the silk slip off her shoulders, and let it fall down to the crease of her thigh, leaving her exposed in the strapless bra and panties she wore.

"Jen," James whispered, shocked.

She leaned into James, right on top of him with her back arch. She connected their soft lips. They were french kissing, using their tongues to feel as much as they could.