CHAPTER - 2

___

___

The rhythmic hum of guitar strings filled the air as Mark immersed himself in his music within the confines of the band room, playing the melodies to the previous songs of Dream Harmonics, the famous campus band. People were crazy about them, and the team consisted of Mark - the vocalist and lead guitarist, Renjun - the guitarist, Jaemin - the bassist, Haechan - the keyboard player, and Jeno - the drummer. The door to the Dream Harmonic's band room was slightly ajar, allowing the melodic strains to escape and beckon anyone in earshot. Unbeknownst to Mark, Jia entered the hallway outside, her search for Jaemin leading her closer to the captivating sounds. It was her free period, and she wanted to meet Jaemin to talk about his project.

As Mark neared the end of his piece, the final notes lingering in the studio, he caught sight of the slightly opened door. It was then that he noticed Jia standing there, an unexpected spectator to his musical expression. He paused, setting his guitar aside, and looked at her with a mix of surprise and curiosity.

"Didn't expect an audience. Jaemin isn't here, by the way," Mark said, knowing that she only visits the room in search of Jaemin, her best friend.

Jia, leaning against the doorframe, crossed her arms with a sly grin. "I was looking for him, but your impromptu concert was a pleasant surprise. Didn't know you had it in you."

Mark, a playful glint in his eyes, replied, "Well, I don't usually perform for uninvited guests, but I'll make an exception this time."

Jia, maintaining her composed demeanor, nodded toward the guitar. They always had a little bit of rivalry between them, like a friendly rivalry that added spice to their interactions. "Impressive choice of chords. You've got some skill, Mark."

Mark, appreciating the acknowledgment, couldn't resist a subtle tease. "Coming from a Wordsmith like you, I'll take that as a high compliment."

Jia, not one to be outdone, added with a smirk, "Perhaps you should consider a musical collaboration for one of your performances. It might add some depth."

Mark, amused, responded, "I'll think about it."

"Tell Jaemin I'm looking for him. Library, in case he forgets. Also, tell him I found the perfect person for his project." She added so he will come and meet her. Her expressions bought a smile in his face.

"I'll let him know. He's probably lost in his own world somewhere."

Jia, nodding, took a step back. "Consider your secret concert safe with me. I'll leave you to your music."

Mark, resuming his playing, watched as Jia walked away, a smile unconsciously appearing on his face. They bickered at times because of their belief that their own form of art is the top thing, but they never knew words and music together could create magic, as many people have shown how they both complement each other.

___

In the bustling campus canteen, Jia sat with her friends—Gwan Sena, Kim Mi-hi and Cho Bora. Their animated chatter filled the air as they enjoyed their lunch, oblivious to the approaching whirlwind known as Jaemin.