CHAPTER - 16

___

___

"Got your guitar?" Jia's inquiry pierced the air as she fixed her gaze on Mark, who leisurely sipped his coffee. Mark had been in the midst of getting ready when Jia's call interrupted him, requesting he bring his guitar along.

"Yup. Planning to turn me into a street performer, Ladybug? I play, you collect the cash?" Mark quipped, arching an eyebrow with a hint of mischief dancing in his eyes. His jest earned him a scoff from Jia.

"Wouldn't mind it," he added nonchalantly, shrugging his shoulders.

"Shut it, Mark," Jia retorted, though a faint smile tugged at the corners of her lips.

As Jia glanced at Mark's coffee, a realization struck her.

"Oh, hold on. Remember, we started this collaboration because you promised me daily coffee. But I've only had, what, five cups from you, Mark?" Jia leaned forward, her expression a mix of curiosity and amusement.

"Figured with such great company, you didn't need it," Mark replied casually, a playful smirk gracing his features.

"You tricked me, Mark Lee," Jia said, reclining back in her chair, waiting for Mark's response.

"I didn't trick you. I'm just enhancing your life with my presence. Isn't that sufficient? You're being greedy, Ladybug," Mark shot back, his trademark cockiness evident in his tone.

"You sap my energy," Jia countered with a playful eye roll.

"And yet, you adore it," Mark retorted, a knowing grin spreading across his face. Jia shook her head, unable to suppress a smile at their familiar banter.

___

"You guys seriously need to tone down the partying," Mihi remarked, placing a steaming bowl of chicken noodle soup on the dining table to help ease their hangovers.

"We didn't even drink that much," Jaemin protested, rubbing his temples in an attempt to alleviate his headache.

Renjun's eyes narrowed as he focused on a particular object in the room. "Jaemin, care to explain why the damn Monstera plant is sitting in my house?" he demanded, his tone tinged with irritation as he recalled the chaos of the previous night.

Jaemin squinted at the plant, trying to recollect its origins. "When did you get that? It does look familiar," he mused aloud.

"You brought it home last night from Yeonjun's place, Jaemin," Renjun clarified, a hint of exasperation evident in his voice.

Haechan erupted into laughter, reminiscing about Jaemin's drunken antics. The image of Jaemin clutching onto the plant for dear life was etched vividly in his mind. It had taken all their effort to convince Jaemin to leave Yeonjun's house without the plant, hence its unexpected presence in Renjun's home.

Mihi shot Jaemin a warning glance as she settled into her seat beside Renjun. "Consider yourself lucky that Jia's not here. Otherwise, you'd be swimming in that soup instead of eating it," she warned, her tone stern.