CHAPTER - 13

___

___

As the sun dipped low in the sky, signaling the start of another evening filled with promise and laughter, Jia couldn't contain her excitement for the movie night ahead. Living with her family meant Jaemin's apartment was the go-to spot for their gatherings, and tonight was no exception.

Bounding to the door, Jia swung it open with a grin plastered on her face, greeting her friends with an enthusiastic wave. She was wearing an apron. Even though she isn't that close to Jaemin's friends it was easy for her to get along with them. She has met every one of them before but she is only friends with Renjun and Haechan. Well, now Mark too. Mark, Renjun, Haechan, Jeno, Jisung, and Chenle filed in, their energy infectious as they stepped into the cozy confines of Jaemin's apartment.

Renjun, waltzed in with a package of their favorite hotpot, a mischievous glint in his eye. "Look what I brought, guys! Our favorite hotpot is here!" he exclaimed, holding it up like a prized possession.

Jia's eyes lit up at the sight, her stomach rumbling in agreement. "Oh, you're a lifesaver, Injun! I've been craving this all week!" she confessed, already imagining the steaming broth and tantalizing ingredients.

Jisung, couldn't resist poking at Renjun's obsession with hotpot. "Seriously, Renjun, this is like the seventh time you've had hotpot this week. And there's only seven days in a week and it's Friday." he nagged. Jisung was seriously concerned about his friend's health.

But Renjun was undeterred, defending their shared love for hotpot with unwavering enthusiasm. "You guys just don't get it! Hotpot is an art form, a culinary masterpiece. No one appreciates hotpot like we do," he declared, his words met with nod of agreement from Jia.

As the delicious scent of cooking filled the air, Haechan followed his nose toward the source, his mouth watering in anticipation. He found Jaemin in the kitchen, sporting an apron and a determined expression as he expertly tended to the sizzling meat on the stove. Jaemin is widely recognized for his cooking skills. According to Jia no one can cook better than him. She likes his cooking more than her mother's cooking. Her mom isn't mad at all because she too agree with Jia's opinion.

"Hey, Chef Jaemin, what's cookin'?" Haechan chimed in, a playful grin spreading across his face as he leaned against the countertop.

Jaemin glanced, a smile lighting up his face at the sight of his friend. Jaemin especially loves cooking for his friends. "Just whipping up some barbecue," he replied, gesturing toward the array of ingredients laid out on the kitchen counter.

As the culinary chaos ensued in Jaemin's kitchen, each member of the group found their niche in the culinary symphony. Jeno, with his precise movements, expertly operated the microwave, ensuring that the rice was cooked to perfection with just the right amount of fluffiness.

Chenle, ever the multitasker, skillfully juggled multiple dishes at once, his hands a blur as he chopped, stirred, and seasoned with effortless grace. With a playful smile, he added his own twist to the menu, infusing each dish with his signature creativity and flair.