CHAPTER - 12

___

___

Back in the bustling campus of Neo University, Mark and his lively group of friends - Haechan, Jaemin, Renjun, Chenle, and Jisung - found themselves basking in the post-party glow, nursing their hangovers and trading stories of the previous weekend's escapades.

As they lounged on the grassy quad, nursing cups of coffee and trying to shake off the remnants of their wild night, Haechan couldn't resist regaling the group with tales from the epic party they had attended.

"So, guys, you won't believe what happened at the party!" Haechan exclaimed, a mischievous glint in his eye. "Jaemin and Renjun were on fire!"

Jaemin grinned sheepishly, his cheeks tinged with a faint blush as he recalled his antics from the night before. "Yeah, it was pretty wild," he admitted, a hint of embarrassment creeping into his tone.

Renjun, however, was less amused. "Wild is an understatement," he muttered, rolling his eyes in exasperation. "I spent half the night babysitting these two."

Haechan shot Renjun a mock-innocent look, his expression dripping with sarcasm. "Oh, come on, Renjun, we were just having some harmless fun," he protested, a playful smirk playing at the corners of his lips.

Renjun scoffed, his irritation evident as he shot Haechan a pointed look. "Harmless fun? You call getting blackout drunk and trying to serenade the entire party with off-key karaoke harmless?" he retorted, his voice laced with sarcasm.

Jaemin winced at the reminder of his drunken antics, his cheeks flushing with embarrassment. "Hey, I thought I sounded pretty good," he protested weakly, earning a round of laughter from his friends.

Chenle chimed in, his eyes sparkling with amusement. "You sounded like a dying cat, Jaemin," he teased, unable to resist poking fun at his friend's expense.

Jisung nodded in agreement, a playful grin spreading across his face. "Yeah, and then you tried to do that backflip and ended up face-planting into the punch bowl," he added, his laughter echoing through the quad.

As Jaemin's cheeks turned an even deeper shade of red, Mark couldn't help but join in the laughter.

As the conversation continued, Haechan couldn't resist teasing Mark about missing out on the weekend's fun. "Man, Mark, you really missed out on all the action," he remarked with a playful grin, nudging Mark in the ribs. "You should've been there!"

Mark chuckled nervously, feeling the weight of his friends' scrutiny as they turned their attention to him. Before he could respond, Jaemin chimed in, his tone laced with mock sympathy. "Yeah, seriously, Mark. You spend every weekend holed up in that studio of yours," he teased, shaking his head in feigned disbelief. "You're like a hermit crab or something."

Mark felt a pang of frustration as his friends continued to rib him about his supposed studio obsession, their words hitting a little too close to home. He opened his mouth to protest, to tell them the truth about where he had really been.