My Way Back To You (Fanny X Bubble)

(This is in object AU.)

Bubble POV

I walked around aimlessly on the shore. It had been so long since BFB ended, and this wasn't how I thought it would be. Things just weren't the same anymore.

I felt like something was missing, but I didn't know what it was. That's when I heard commotion coming from somewhere close by. With nothing to do, I decided to see where it was coming from. I walked in the direction of the noise, getting closer. I hid behind a tree to see what was going on.

That's when I saw everyone laughing, talking, and just having a great time. All of them were there: Lollipop, Gelatin, Woody, Blocky, Flower, Balloony, Loser, Spongy, Taco.

And even Ruby.

Ruby had changed as well, more than I ever thought she would. She had started to become more distant towards me, and I honestly didn't know what to think. She had gone from one of my best friends to someone who didn't even talk to me anymore. And now she was there, they were all there, excluding me.

Again.

I didn't want to approach them. I knew that they were only going to deny it and say that it was an accident. Just like they had said every other time. I couldn't understand what I was doing wrong. Was it something I said? Was it something I did?

I went back to the room that I and Ruby shared. She made up her mind to never be there when I was there. I sat down on my bed, sighing loudly. My head was spinning in all sorts of directions. I couldn't stay here anymore, I had to leave.

But where would I go?

Suddenly, I remembered her.

Fanny...

She had been on my mind for a long time. And to tell the truth, I was missing her dearly. But I didn't know if she even remembered me; after all, it had been so long. What if she started avoiding me like everyone here? Suddenly, I heard footsteps approaching the room, so I quickly hid under my bed. I heard the door open and I saw two pairs of feet walk in.

"You're sure she isn't here, right?" I heard a voice that sounded like Gelatin.

"Of course not, blob boy!" A voice that was unmistakably Ruby's laughed. "Bubble is so dumb; she thinks we just always 'forget' to invite her!"

"I guess you're right. Let's just get the marshmallows and get out of here."

"Sure! I always keep them in this drawer over here." I heard her vanity drawer open. I slowly peeked out from under the bed.

"Woah! I didn't know you still had the Freesmart Supervan!" Gelatin held a brown box in his hands.

"Be careful with that!" Ruby hissed, snatching it from his hands. "It's going to wreck the place if you open it in here!"

"Geez, I'm sorry." Gelatin grabbed the marshmallows instead. "Can we leave now?"

"Yeah, I'll just put this back."

They left soon after, closing the door behind them. I cautiously creeped out of my hiding spot and walked over to Ruby's vanity.

What if?

No, that would be wrong. I couldn't just steal it, could I?

I opened the drawer and held the box in my hands. Maybe, just maybe, I could use it to see Fanny again. It would be easier to get to her with the Supervan, but what if Ruby found out?

I hadn't talked to her in months...

It was worth the shot if it meant I could see Fanny. Even if it was for the last time. She was the only one who truly cared for me; her anger was just a cover because she knew she would be hurt if she let anyone close. Just like how my 'friends' hurt me.