Perfect To Me (Pen X Saw)

(This story is in Human AU)

Saw POV

I jumped out of bed at the sound of my alarm clock going off. I immediately turned it off and headed to the shower to start my morning routine. After that, I brushed my long hair into a high ponytail and put on a pair of sweatpants and a plain pink shirt. I grabbed my phone and stuffed it into my pocket before running down to the kitchen. My mother had already made breakfast and was waiting for me.

"Good morning Saw," she said, smiling.

"Morning Mom," I yawned as I grabbed a piece of toast and stuffed it into my mouth.

"In a hurry?" She asked me.

"Yeah, I agreed to meet Pen at the library before school today," I replied with my mouth full.

"Swallow before speaking," she laughed. "That boy really is changing you for the better."

"Yeah whatever," I said, blushing as I grabbed my jacket and backpack and headed for the door.

"Bye Saw!"

"Bye Mom!"

--- Time skip ---

I went to the library as soon as I got off the bus. There, I saw Pen waiting for me. He smiled and hugged me, a thing that left me flustered every time. He broke the hug.

"I'll get straight to the point of why I asked you to meet me here," he said seriously.

I started to feel nervous. What if he wanted to breakup? I knew there was a possibility, even though he was the reason we got together in the first place. I always felt that he was too good for me. He was one of the popular kids, while I was a quiet student who didn't mingle as much.

He was blushing slightly. "Will you go to prom with me?" He blurted.

I was both shocked and pleased. I smiled and nodded. "Yes I will."

He let out a sigh of relief and beamed. "That's great! I can't wait." He said before kissing me on the forehead. "I have a class now, so I better get going." He waved goodbye as he left.

A surge of excitement shot through me as I thought of the day to come. But soon, my excitement was replaced with nervousness. I didn't know the first thing about prom, or even makeup or dresses. I mostly wore hoodies and dark clothes that fully covered me up. How was I going to get ready? I knew exactly who to ask, but I would need to wait until then.

--- Time skip ---

School was over and everyone was heading home. I spotted the red headed girl I was looking for and ran up to her. She turned around.

"Oh hey Saw!" She exclaimed with obviously fake enthusiasm.

"Match, I need a favor," I asked her timidly.

She raised an eyebrow. "Oh yeah? And what would that like be?"

"Pen asked me to prom."

Her face lit up. "And you want me to help you get ready. Is that right?"

"How did you know?"

"Oh Saw. Obviously I would know when someone like you would come up to someone like me."

"So can you help?" I asked her again.

"Sure." She scribbled an address on a piece of paper and shoved it into my hand. "Meet me here tomorrow at 1.00 p.m sharp. And no excuses." She said sternly before leaving.

I checked the address and found out that it was the biggest mall in our town. Hopefully this would help me.

--- Time skip ---