Nightmares (Tennis Ball X Golf Ball)

Third person POV

Tennis Ball and Golf Ball had been married for 2 years, and everything was normal for a long time. They woke up, went to work, came back, and fell asleep. This was their daily agenda for a long time until one night Golf Ball got really bad nightmares. It wasn't normal for her to be scared, she was usually the brave one between the two of them. But these nightmares were too real for her to handle.

"TB," she whispered as she sat up and reached out for him in the darkness.

He stirred and sat up groggily. "What's wrong," he asked, generally concerned.

Now, Golf Ball would usually feel shy or want to seem brave so she would just tell him her problem in a casual way. But that night, she could feel fear and anxiety overwhelming her and she began to cry.

"It felt so real." She hugged him and cried as he stroked her hair gently.

"Did you have a nightmare?" He asked and she nodded.

"I don't want to go back to sleep, they'll come for me again," she continued to cry softly.

Tennis Ball felt that it would be best to ask her what the nightmares were about in the morning so that by then, she would have calmed down. "I'll get you some water," he tried getting up but she pulled him back down.

"Please, don't leave me," she pleaded. This was definitely a side of Golf Ball that he had never seen before.

"Okay, I won't." He kissed her forehead. "Come with me."

The both of them went to the kitchen and Tennis Ball carried her and made her sit on top of the counter before getting a glass of water. He gave it to her and she emptied the glass in one gulp. Tennis Ball put his arms around her as he spoke.

"Feeling better?" He asked.

"A little," she replied, her voice a bit shaky.

He nodded and tucked a loose strand of hair behind her ear. "Don't be scared, nightmares come and go. They'll probably stop soon."

But did they?

No they didn't.

In fact, her nightmares continued, getting worse each time. She would sometimes wake up screaming and panting heavily. Weeks turned into months, and the both of them would be unable to sleep at all.

"Aaaaah!" Golf Ball screamed and woke up one night and Tennis Ball immediately passed her a glass of water. This had become their nightly agenda which was getting very tiring and worrisome. Tennis Ball got out of bed and opened the blinds, letting the moonlight shine into the room. He sat on the bed beside her.

"Tell me what it is," he asked her softly. "You know I'm only trying to help you, love."

A few tears escaped Golf Ball's eyes and she wiped them immediately. "I know, but I can't." She sobbed and Tennis Ball pulled her closer.

"Shhh, It's okay. I'm right here and we'll get through this together."

She slowly drifted off into an exhausted slumber, feeling safe in his arms. Tennis Ball stayed awake and watched her sleep. He was sad to see that even in the little time she was asleep, her face was not peaceful. He smiled sadly and drifted to sleep as well.

~~~

One Saturday evening, the couple decided that it would be best to consult a therapist to find a solution. They hailed a taxi and set off in the direction of the clinic. Tennis Ball noticed Golf Ball fiddling aimlessly with the sleeves of her shirt.

"Nervous?" He asked her and she nodded slowly.

"What if there's something wrong with me?" She whispered.

"Nothing's wrong with you, Golfy." He sighed. "But even if there is some major problem, it's nothing we can't get through together. Okay?"

His words seemed to give her a little confidence. She nodded, resting her head on his shoulder and closed her eyes. They sat in silence until they reached the clinic.

Golf Ball's nervousness seemed to return immediately and she clutched Tennis Ball's hand tightly as they walked to the front desk.

"Appointment for Mrs Sphere," Tennis Ball said, making the white-haired lady look up. She smiled and nodded.

"Have a seat and I'll call you shortly," she replied.

He nodded. "Thank you, umm..."

"Miss Pillow," The woman said. "But you can call me Pillow."

"Right. Thank you, Pillow."

They sat on the chairs nearby and waited. They were both feeling extremely anxious, but Tennis Ball didn't show it because he didn't want to stress his wife out even more. Golf Ball could feel her breathing start to get heavy and feel suddenly light headed. She closed her eyes.

"Hey, what's wrong?" Tennis Ball asked worriedly. Golf Ball didn't respond but instead clutched his hand tightly.

She looked at him anxiously. "I'm scared..."

"And you have every right to be," he replied. "You'll be fine, love."

After a while Pillow called them. "The doctor is calling you."

Pillow led them into one of the rooms and left. The couple took a seat and the doctor smiled at them. There was a name tag on her shirt - Dr Taco.

"Mr and Mrs Sphere?" She asked as she looked at a list.

"Yes, that's us."

"Please take a seat, Mrs Sphere." She gestured to the medical bed.

Dr Taco ran a few tests on Golf Ball while she tried her best to remain calm. Tennis Ball held her hand the whole time and when the tests were done Dr Taco turned to them seriously.

"I'm afraid to say, Mrs Sphere has parasomnia. It's a mental condition caused by extreme stress, depression or anxiety and leads to these nightmares." She said and Golf Ball looked like she might faint.

Dr Taco saw this and left the couple alone in the room to get some medicines. Tennis Ball hugged Golf Ball as soon as she left. She sobbed into his shoulder while he stroked her hair gently.

"Shhh, shhh. It's okay."

"But it's not! I'm not okay! How will I live with this? How will I do anything?" She shouted as more tears ran down her face.

"Golfy, calm down." He said gently. "Listen, everything's gonna be fine. Dr Taco will give us a solution and I won't rest until you're better again."

"What if... what if I never get better?" She asked. "What will I do?"

"Then we'll learn to adjust. I'm here for you no matter what happens. You're mine and I'm yours and that will never change."

She wiped her tears and smiled for the first time in months. "You really mean it?"

"Of course. You're not alone in this, love."

These words gave Golf Ball a calming assurance. Whether she got better or not, she had her love to go through the journey with her.

And that was more then she could ever ask for.

--------

Ahhhh! This is sooo cute!

Hope you enjoyed my lovelies ~

❤️