Obsession (Nickel X Book)

(This story is in object AU)

Third person POV

"And so I was saying..." Pencil stop talking when she realised that one of her teammates wasn't paying attention to her. Ruby and Ice Cube turned to look at her as well.

"Hello? Book? Earth to Book," she said, waving her hands to get Book's attention.

Book immediately snapped her head back in their leader's direction. Pencil shook her head disapprovingly. "What are you looking at that is so much more important than listening to me?"

Book immediately stuttered. "No...nothing! Nothing at all Pencil! Please go on!"

Pencil narrowed her eyes and then continued her speech. Book let out a small sigh of relief and tried to pay attention to what their leader was talking about. But unfortunately, the only thing that came into her mind was him.

Ice cube leaned over to Ruby and whispered, "Did you see that Book was looking at W.O.A.H Bunch?"

"Was she?" Ruby laughed. "Maybe she's planning on how we'll beat them, since they're the strongest team."

Ice Cube nodded reluctantly. "Maybe." If what she was doubting was true, then it would only result in big problems. She looked over at Book and mumbled to herself.

"I hope I'm wrong..."

~~~

"YOU WHAT!" Needle and Bomby shouted in unison.

Nickel panicked and immediately told them to be quiet. "Shh! Someone else might hear something!" He said as he stole a glance at Freesmart.

Needle and Bomby nodded. "You what?" They said in a whisper as Nickel groaned.

"Seriously guys, you need to promise to keep it a secret." He begged and Bomby looked at him questioningly.

"Why would you tell us then? I thought you wanted us to help you set you two up."

Needle agreed with him. "Yeah, we are pretty good matchmakers if I do say so myself."

"Please, I don't want anyone to know. You two are my closest friends and I needed to get it off my chest. So that's why I told you."

"Aww. You think of us as your closest friends?" Needle said, pretending to tear up.

"We're so honoured." Bomby said as well.

"Maybe it was a mistake telling you," Nickel said and was about to walk away when Needle stopped him.

"Ok sorry, we won't make fun of you anymore. But what exactly are you planning to do about this?"

"Yeah, you can't hide it forever."

"I don't know." Nickel said hopelessly. "I just hope I stop having these stupid feelings, it might ruin our friendship."

"Are you sure you don't want to tell her?" Bomby asked.

He shook his head. "No way, Book mustn't know that I like her."

~~~

Ice Cube decided to go and confront Book about her suspicions after Pencil finally let them leave after her speech. She easily found her and to her surprise, it looked like she was trying to sneak off somewhere. Ice Cube stopped her immediately.

"Book," she said, her suspicion was slowly growing. "Where are you going?"

Book jumped and was startled to have heard her friend's voice so suddenly. "I..Ice Cube! What a surprise!" She said, in a very high pitched voice and Ice Cube sighed.