The Cursed Meeting.

Next day:

I was back at home, sound and safe. Habib drove me home and said to look after myself. He warned me the entire ride back home to not try any foolery again. I felt like a kid who is going to school for the very first time and his parents are advising him to not hurt himself or others. Habib can be a little dramatic sometimes but he cares for me and that's all that matters. I would have done the same for him, minus the over-dramatic part because thankfully my ancestors were not a part of some melodramatic soap opera.

I scanned my apartment and wow! Habib could make a great wife. I mean look at the squeaky clean state of my home. Finally, I can have a breather. I plopped on the couch with a dreary smile. I sat there for some time and then I decided to take a shower and make myself home again.

I took a deep hot bath and what felt like for the first time in forever I felt like the OG Zanish everyone was intimidated by. The glint in my eyes was back and my cheeks didn't feel hollow anymore.
I ordered some food for myself and while waiting for the delivery I checked my mailbox.
It's been 2 days, I might have missed the updates on my schedule.

I talked to my parents yesterday and I will forever be grateful to Habib for not telling them about my health and the hospital visit. They would have called me back home if they got to know about my shenanigans . I assured them that I was perfectly fine and it was just some work-related issues that made me such a mess. Habib bore the testimony on my wellness and my parents finally responded with happy smiles. Everything is well and good now. I just need to get back to my usual routine. I need to devise a new syllabus plan for my absence would have affected it adversely.

While I was checking my emails the doorbell rang, the delivery guy is here I guess. I took the food and was back checking my emails. The food can wait. Once I got done with responding to all my emails, I could eat peacefully. Work always comes first, other things could always wait.

The last email was from Sir Arthur Garros, principal of the Dansel School for STEM. He might have mailed to ask about my returning to school. The mail was about a meeting tomorrow morning sharp at 10. They didn't mention any subject of the meeting, I think the meeting is to discuss the upcoming events and the results of last semester.

I had my dinner and went to bed, without any need for sleeping pills. Ya Allah! I missed this peace in my life. Thank you so much. I thanked Allah for his mercy and slept peacefully.

Next day:

I woke up feeling pretty energetic, this newfound strength might be due to a full night of good sleep. Anyway, I took a quick shower, made my breakfast and dressed in something casual. I was eager to witness the colour draining off the faces of my students to see me after these many days. They might have thought that I resigned.

I daresay they have some nerves to loathe me considering my expertise in the subject and passion for teaching. They would not have passed last semester if it were not for me being gentle with the paper setting. But this semester it would be fun to give them a hard time cracking the upcoming exams. I will make sure they piss in their pants just by looking at the questions.

I washed the dishes and cleaned the countertop. While leaving I mindlessly took one swift look at my apartment, perfect!

I drove in my car to the university parking garage where I could feel the stares of students passing by. They would have recognised me as I am the only professor here who owns a Porsche 911 GT3 and yes the youngest most handsome professor to teach in STEM.

The moment I stepped out of my car I could feel the incoherent murmuring of the students passing by me. I am used to this kind of behaviour from everyone around me. Sometimes I feel irritated by the glaring stares of people but most of the time I enjoy the attention I get. It feels empowering to know I have got the undivided attention of people. The intimidation emanating from my presence is such a power booster for my confidence.