CHAPTER 13: Loop Nine, I ⁿˢᶠʷ

Warning: nsfw (smut, oral)

-

NINE

You come to a horrible realization. You sail away to faraway lands.

A series of furious knocks rapped at the door

"Hey," nine-year-old Eren whined from the other side. "Let me in!"

"'Ren, come on," you said. "This is for girls only. You're not a girl."

Eren grumbled on the other side and you could almost see his pout. You were in Mikasa's room, where she was hosting a sleepover that was strictly for girls only. That meant Eren was not allowed inside.

"But I'm family," he said. "Shouldn't that count for something?"

"You can't touch her hair, Eren," Mikasa said seriously, voice almost threatening for a nine-year-old child. "You'll pull and ruin it."

"No, I won't!"

"'Rennie-ren-ren," you said condescendingly, almost enjoying the blatant teasing-borderline-bullying. "Don't be such a baby."

"You're so mean, [Name]! How many times do I have to tell you, I'm just a year younger? And so is Mikasa!"

"Mikasa doesn't act like a baby," you replied loftily.

Eren stomped away. He made sure his bare feet were loud and obnoxious against the wooden floor outside, telling you how he felt. That was until his mother told him to go to bed, ruffled by the ruckus.

Mikasa brushed your baby hairs, which stuck out everywhere, slicking them back. When the lights went out, and you and Mikasa snuggled into her bed, you watched as she fell asleep. In the first loop, you still felt the same feelings: guilt for Eren's predicament, and wishing you could apologize for teasing him. But this was the ninth loop and you knew you'd see him.

The ticking bedside timepiece struck exactly 11 o'clock, which was a late night for a ten-year-old, so you crept out of bed and went downstairs. There you saw Eren, sleeping on the couch. He had refused to sleep in his room, perhaps as a protest.

You touched his shoulder. He woke up, groggy.

"Hey, 'Rennie," you said. "You sleepy?"

"No," he said, blinking back the sleepiness. His tiny brows knitted. "Thought you wanted to be with Mikasa."

"I want to say I'm sorry. I want to play with you too," you said. "Let's go to the ocean!"

"But it's late at night."

"So? Does the ocean disappear at night?"

Eren stared for a second, then brightened. Other than tag, this was his favorite game.