CHAPTER FOUR - Spirit of Christmas

Lisa pulled into the driveway of the orphanage with the car she had rented so all the children could go to the tree lot with her and Jennie.

Before she could blow the car horn to notify Jen and the kids about her arrival, the kids rushed out of the door and to the car.

Lisa giggled as they bounced around with happiness. It felt good to know she was cheering the kids up in a way. She got out of the car and opened the back doors so the kids can get inside.

Jennie stepped onto the porch, a sluggish Louis walking alongside her. "Lis, you rented out a nice car. What is this?" She asked.

"It's a Lincoln Navigator." Lisa told Jennie. "I'm glad you came. Maybe getting a tree could help broaden your belief in Santa Claus and up your spirit in Christmas?" Then she spoke to Louis.

"Probably not. I only came to get out of the boring house. Other than stupid school, we usually stay here, so this is a good way to get out." The kid replied, getting in the car.

Lisa slid into the car. After making sure that all the kids were safely locked in, Jennie followed, getting into the passenger seat.

It took about twenty minutes to get to her uncle's tree lot. When they got there, the kids piled out of the car, and they followed Lisa to the lot.

"Lalisa! Glad you could make it!" Her uncle greeted her with a warm hug. "Told you I was coming. The kids really wanted a big Christmas tree this year." She explained.

"They can pick any tree they want Lali. Loooove!" Her uncle called out to his dog. "Show them where the big trees are."

The dog barked loudly, running to the back of the lot where the large trees were. The kids ran after him, awing at all the trees they pass along the way.

Lisa's eyes widen when Louis took off after Love too, and she looked over at Jen, a surprised look also settle on her face.