CHAPTER TEN - I'm Sorry

Lisa turned another corner, Louis is nowhere in sight. As she came to a stop, she hit her hand against the steering wheel in frustration. 

"I'm sorry for not telling you. I was going to, but I've been so afraid." Jennie spoke, looking out the car window. 

Lisa kept quiet, her mind trying to think of all the places the kid would go. He's her son, but she knew little about him, and because of that, she felt hopeless. 

Jennie's phone rings and she answers it, putting it on speaker as Jisoo's voice came through it. 

"Have he come back home yet?" Jennie rushed out, praying for some good news. 

"No. I was calling to see if you two had any luck with finding him." Jisoo sighed. 

"We've checked every place close by. We don't have a clue where he could be." Lisa admitted frustratedly, massaging her temples. 

"We have to find him quickly. The temperatures are dropping by the minute, and it's getting darker." She added. 

Jennie nodded in agreement, wiping the tears from her eyes. She couldn't help but blame herself for this situation. 

"Where would he go?" Jisoo asked. "Where would he run off too at a time like this?" 

"We don't know." Jennie cried. "This is all my fault." 

"Cry later. I need you both to focus right now. This is your son out there lost. Place yourself in his shoes and think as he would." 

"I don't know." Jennie mumbled both palms to her forehead. "Where would you go Lis? You two share many similarities." She asked. 

"I'm not sure..." Lisa trailed off as a dog went rushing pass the car. 

Lisa and Jennie's head whipped towards each other, your eyes widening. "The dog pound!" They spoke in unison. 

**********************

Lisa and Jennie hurried into the dog pound. "Please tell me he's here?" Lisa asked Sehun. 

"I have been trying to get in touch with you. Louis came in about two hours ago. Your phone kept going to voicemail."