Mission Failed

NORAH

Walking back from seeing off Lucinda, I felt Monica's presence behind me.

"You know you're not to appear outside the barrier. Why are you here?"

"We got the whereabouts of the Duke. How shall we proceed?"

"Let's head to the guild first."

We both transported to the guild. When I walked into the room, it all went silent. Then everyone bowed and collectively said, "Welcome back, master." I snapped my fingers. "All rise, who's on my team get ready in 5 and meet in my office now." I went to my office and waited for my 2nd (Brandy) and 3rd (Monica) in command and three other elites (Rachel, Michael, and Teddy) from the guild. One by one, they all appeared within less than 5 minutes.

Me: "Rachel, let us know what's happening."

Rachel: "Our target is the Duke Bantech office vault. This a kill-on-site mission; no matter what, don't get caught, and if you do, kill yourself. We need the money and the documents in the vault. Anything that looks valuable take it. Understood."

Michael: "Yeah, but why a kill-on-site order."

Brandy: "If anyone sees us, we're fucked. Remember, we shouldn't exist in the first place, and since this is a Duke's estate, it's a kill or be killed situation. They will show us no mercy, so we'll show them none."

Me: " You know your positions and who you're partnered up with. If everyone understands, move out."

They all disappeared into thin air, and I followed. I used my aura to connect all of us telepathically,

Me: "Communicate only through my telepathic channels; don't get caught and move fast."

All: "Yes, ma'am."

Brandy and I worked together, looking through the third-floor rooms to find the primary office. While searching, I stopped to look at a door. As I stared at it, it gave me an unsettling feeling.

Brandy: "Captain, I found something."

As if her words took me out of a trance, I went to where she was calling from. She found the office and got it open.

Brandy: "Everyone, come to the 8th room on the right of the 3rd floor."

I went up to a bookshelf, rummaging around for where the vault was when everyone arrived. We turned that office upside down, trying to find it, but to no avail. "Where the hell is it!" Teddy yelled through the channels. That earlier feeling of uneasiness kept popping up, and it got more intense the longer we were here. I looked down at one of the documents I held in my hand. My heart dropped to my ass. I kept looking at it repeatedly to ensure my eyes weren't deceiving me, and oh, how I wish they were. The signature and seal insignia are the same.

Me: "GET OUT OF HERE NOW!"

Without question, everyone took off running out of the estate.

Teddy: "Why are we running?"

Me: "Run and don't look back! Don't use your aura under any circumstances!"

We ran as fast as possible in the forest of the Weston Estate. We could hear footsteps behind us, getting quicker and closer. Outside our channel, you can hear someone's voice echoing through the forest.

Loyd: "You people must be incompetent to think you can enter here and leave with your lives. I will not allow such disgrace as the heir of this territory."

Fucking hell,  just our luck to have the most substantial family's heir after us. He set a damn barrier; if any of my members use their aura, they can die. And to make things worse, my aura is not working right now. How can he make a barrier this big? What the hell should I do?