Expedition

The Day Of Teddy's Knighting

NORAH

Me and my grandparents sat down together enjoying teatime in the flower garden. I picked up my teacup and drank my tea when Amy came out with the desserts. "We have cookies, muffins, and raspberry-filling cake," she said unpacking the dishes from the service cart onto the table.

Grandpa: "What time is this knight of yours supposed to be coming?"

"I told him to meet us around 2:30 p.m."

Grandpa took his pocket watch out of his pocket and said "It's 2:23."

"Oh, then Teddy and Loyd should be here very soon. We should go meet them out front." I said putting my teacup on the saucer. Grandpa looked up from his pocket watch and looked at me with a confused face.

Grandma: "Loyd?"

Grandpa: "Who is this... Loyd? And why is he coming here?"

Ahh crap, my eyes widened as I realize I haven't told them about Loyd yet. I slowly brought my teacup to my lips, taking a sip to prepare myself to tell them. I gently set the teacup back on the saucer, turning to face them.

"You see... Loyd is coming to help me with the mock trial... and is... also... My fiancé"

The two of them stared at me dumbfounded.

Grandpa: "Norah... please repeat that, I think I misheard you incorrectly"

"Loyd is my fiancé."

"My heart... My heart hurts" Grandpa said holding his chest. Grandma slapped him on his arm, "knock it off Victor" she said laughing at him. "Okay dear, this "Loyd,  why are we just hearing of him now and when did you two get engaged," she asked shifting her eyes to my left hand, "and why do you not have an engagement ring?"

Grandpa: "She doesn't even have a ring?! Oh my, it's another crown prince story!"

"Grandpa... that's cruel, even for you," I said holding the bridge of my nose.

Grandma: "Though your grandfather is very much being dramatic, he still has a valid point, Norah. How can we trust that he's not like that obnoxious prince?"

"I know grandma, I do fear that it could be a possibility, but he never showed signs of how the prince was to me. He is a very wonderful man to me, he's always there when I need help, and he treats me so well and even spoils me. It's not even a superficial care, but he seems to genuinely care, and I have sincere feelings for him."

Grandma smiled softly at me, "You really like him, don't you dear?" "Yes, yes I do," I said having an unmanageable smile on my face. Grandpa folded his arms leaning back in his chair, "Well I don't like or trust him, until I see the bastard that didn't even ask my permission first. Who does he think he is to take my granddaughter?"

Amy: "Excuse me, my lady, my lord and Madam, Loyd Weston, Young Duke of Weston Dukedom is here"

We turned to the pathway where Loyd was walking on to get over to the table. He came to the side of me and bowed, taking my hand, and planting a kiss on the back of it "Hello my beautiful, fiancée." "Hello Loyd," I said smiling at him. He then turned to face my grandparents "Greetings Madam and Sir St. Elise. I'm Loyd Weston, firstborn and heir of the Weston Dukedom. It's a pleasure to meet you."