'Relax, Doc' Part IV

A.N: Part Four, 2k words

T.W: Nada, unless too much cuteness counts

Friday, October 21st

-Incoming Canvas Notification-

Announcement- 10:05 am:

Subject: CLASS CANCELED FRI OCT 21

Morning,

I've been informed that long emails aren't helpful so I will do my best to condense this information.

Class is canceled today. I am sick.

I recognize this is the first time I've posted an announcement on Canvas (my apologies, working on that). I also apologize for the late notice, I wasn't aware of how sick I was until I woke up approximately ten minutes ago.

Keep refreshing on chapter 5, I will see you all on Monday (preferably in good health).

-Dr. Reid

Achoo!

"Does that sound good?" Spencer asked over the phone. He had just read his announcement out-loud to her.

"Much better." Y/N encouraged him.

"I've never canceled a class before, this feels weird." His voice was slightly nasally, it was obvious his sinuses were plugged.

"It's important to take care of yourself when you're sick, your students will understand." Y/N said, "I felt awful yesterday, I only showed up to one of my classes but ditched the rest. I emailed my teachers and they were cool with it. You're the professor, you shouldn't worry."

"Alright." Spencer coughed. "Are you feeling any better yet?"

"Yeah, I'm feeling pretty good, actually. Woke up without a headache."

"That's good to hear."

"Do you need anything?" She asked. "I've got a break in my schedule now, I could bring you something if you'd like."

"I think I'll be fine." Spencer answered. "I can survive a bad cold on my own."

"Doesn't mean you have to, Doc." Y/N balanced her phone between her ear and shoulder as she opened the fridge to grab herself another snack. "I've got the time and oh- I also have leftover soup."

"Really, you don't have to-"

"I'm just looking out for a friend." Y/N shrugged. "You don't have to accept the offer, but this poor soup in a crappy tupperware may go to waste if you don't."

Spencer snorted. "Okay. You're sure you want to do this?"

"Positive." Y/N grinned. "What's your address?"

"I like my place, so I swear, if you give this information to your roommate and I'm forced to move-"

Y/N laughed. "I've kept all your secrets so far Doc, I'm not planning on giving them away anytime soon."

*****

The bus came to a screeching halt. It was colder outside than she'd anticipated. Y/N stepped off the bus carefully, both hands on the tupperware. She'd thrown it in the microwave before she left, but it was already losing its warmth. She'd have to reheat it once she made it to Spencer's place. She chuckled to herself, that technophobic genius better have a microwave.