'Deep Breaths'

(SSA Reid X SSA Y/N(traumatized))

A.N.: Alright, new storyline! Like I told y'all before, this one's a bit of a departure. It's a little more serious and touches on some dark stuff so the initial vibe is pretty sad but the ending is alright. This chapter's 2k words, and I hope you enjoy it!

Background: (In this oneshot, Spencer and Y/N have already been in a committed relationship for a while.

After the events of a traumatic case, SSA Y/N L/N is in a state of shock. Spencer takes her home and cleans her up while they try to piece themselves back together, now that the risk of losing each other feels more real than ever.

TW: Blood, nudity (but NOT detailed and NOT sexual I PROMISE), general aftermath of a traumatic event; anxiety attacks, etc. but I promise by the end things are okay, they've got each other.

"Agent Y/N L/N? Y/N, can you hear me?"

The sirens had shut off, but the wails were still piercing through her brain, reverberating against her skull. She barely understood what anyone around her was saying. Her chest felt sticky? It was damp and warm.

A bright light buzzed around her eyes. She felt a gloved hand steady on her shoulder and grit her teeth. "She's not concussed." The unfamiliar voice spoke again and the hand left; Y/N made out the blurry figure of the paramedic talking with someone as a heavy blanket was draped over her shoulders.

"She's got some bad bruising, but nothing is serious. I was worried when I first saw her, but none of that blood's hers."

Blood? Y/N looked down at her hands. Red. Her eyes scanned up her arms. Red everywhere. Her shirt was soaked in blood. Black spots creeped into her vision. She was going to be sick.

"L/N?" She heard Morgan's worried voice as she emptied the contents of her stomach onto the curb.

Tires screeched in the background. Blackness edged steadily into her vision.

Y/N dry-heaved, her throat burning.

A car door slammed.

"Where is she?"

"Reid-"

"Y/N!" Spencer shouted, sprinting to her side. "I told you I should've come with you guys-"

"It was a conflict of interest-" Hotch started.

"Oh god-" Spencer's hands were on her shoulders. Y/N heard the blood squelch against his palms. "No, nonono, what the hell did they do to you-"

"Spencer, it's not her blood." Morgan's silhouette was barely visible in the background of her vision. "She's going to be okay, we're going to take her back to the station-"

"No." Spencer's hands gripped her tighter.

"Reid, we need to get all the information we can-"

"She's in shock, she's in no state for an interview." He cupped the side of her face. "I'm taking her home, cleaning her up. We'll meet you at the station in the morning."

"Reid-"

"I said, I'm taking her home."

Y/N was swaying back and forth as Spencer helped her stand up. "Come on, let's go home." He whispered.