Escspe ≠ Freedom (1)

•TW•

My name is Blake Daniels. I was outcast as an unofficial Rogue with no one left in the world to call family. Prior to losing them, I was a part of the RedMoon Pack.

Before I murdered the Alpha.

That was years ago, when I was just barely an adult. A lot has happened since then.

I'm currently 23. I was in the RedMoon Pack until just before my 17th birthday. There were a few months after my 18th where I was with good people, but that didn't last. It feels as though I've been alone for most of my life, despite having been around people. I used to have friends and even a mate (or two) at one point. But like I said, a lot has happened since then.

I could feel my body shivering from the cold, the snow outside piling high against the walls. Currently, I'm residing in an abandoned house, the structure barely still standing with a few holes in the roof that allowed some snow to seep through. The whole place was clearly falling apart, but I was desperate for some sort of shelter, so it would have to do.

Continuing to shiver from the cold, I pulled the thin blanket further around me, trying to allow my body heat to spread and warm me up as I made myself as small as possible on the mattress. I rarely leave the living room since it's where the fireplace is, having dragged the mattress in from one of the bedrooms.

My lips are surely blue, my toes having gone numb and my fingers trembling against the frosty air.

I need to build a fire but with how thick the snow is, it would be impossible to find any wood that's dry.  As long as I can make it through tonight, I should be okay. Just one night.

My stomach chose then to growl, loudly. I smacked my teeth in response, annoyance crawling up my skin as quickly as the cold. I threw the blanket off of me before standing.

Well, the house is made of wood. Walking into the small kitchen area, I tugged on one of the cabinet doors. Surprisingly, it came off rather easy, sounding out with a splintering creak against the otherwise quite air.

With the quick movements, dust exploded everywhere, feeling thick in my lungs as it coated the floor. Pieces of furniture were laying around, knocked over. The whole place was slightly damp and dingey. Who knows how long it's been left unkept to rot.

Kind of like me.

I smiled at the thought, tucking strands of my raven-colored hair behind my ears and out of my face. It's no wonder I'm so cold, the pants I have on are ragged, the fabric close to my feet practically shredded. The thin shirt I have on is also full of holes.

Thankfully my socks are fairly new, or at least new to me, keeping my feet somewhat sheltered from the cold air. I haven't had a decent meal in Goddess knows how long, so you can clearly see my bones protrude from beneath my skin, which could be compared to porcelain.

But that wasn't anything new, I've been starving for a long time. I've looked like this for as long as I can remember.

Other than the scars littering my skin, covering almost every inch of me, my dark hair is the only other thing about me that stands out. Especially in comparison to my pale complexion and dull appearance.

Tucking the cabinet door under my arm, I grabbed the leg of one of the wooden chairs and dragged it back into the living room with me. I threw the door into the small brick fireplace, taking the chair and holding it above my head before slamming it back down against the floor. The old wood fell apart, the loud sounds of the wood splintering once again filling the small space.

I hummed to myself, crouching down and throwing the pieces into the fire pit before rubbing my hands together, bringing them to my lips to heat them up slightly with my breath. Walking closer to the bed, I grabbed my backpack, pulling a lighter from within. Crouching down once again, I leaned on the bricks as I flicked the lighter a few times, cursing under my breath when it would only spark.