Wattpad Original
Mayroong 3 pang mga libreng parte

Chapter 4 - The Experiment

"HIS NAME is Spike," Surgeon Sin grinned while his palm dusted the top of a briefcase. He stood in front of a desk where the briefcase was placed, right below his shelves.

Meanwhile, Spike stood by the grilled doors, blocking Kaelee's way out while staring blankly at the surgeon.

This time, Kaelee could clearly see the monster's face with the help of the glow from the fluorescent light. It stood six feet in height, and its pointed single spiked hair added to its length. The spikes or pointed things on his face were made of hardened hair that formed into triangular cones, like thorns. Spike also had a pointed nose and white eyes surrounded by purple veins that were embossed on his pale, ashy skin like varicose veins.

His body was lanky like a bamboo. The surgeon kept it naked because its pointy hairs would rip off its clothes anyway. It wasn't bothersome to look at because the hairs covered its private parts anyway. The backs of Spike's hands were covered with hair, hardened like brush bristles. Its palm was big enough to hold half of the diameter of a basketball with just one hand.

When the doctor was done peeking what was inside the parcel, he immediately shut it. Kaelee only looked away from Spike when Dr. Alfred spoke. "He's one of my first creations, Kaelee. He's been here way before I figured out that I could use some dismembered human parts for the experiment."

She shot a terrified look at him because he said those things as if it were nothing. There was no shed of disgust or fear on his face. He spoke about dismembered body parts the way anyone would narrate a fairytale to a child.

"So, this is your clinic!" she blurted out. "And you create monsters like that Spike?"

That made the doctor shake his head. If only Kaelee knew that she discovered his actual business way too soon, that he was really forced to explain everything because she already saw Spike.

"Take it easy, okay?" he chuckled. "And don't call them a monster. You don't like to upset them, do you?"

"Upset them? As if may they have feelings!" Then Kaelee paused. She was frozen where she stood momentarily, staring blankly at nowhere. "T-They...." her voice quivered once the realization hit her. "Y-You mean, t-there's not just one of them..."

The silence filled the stinky room, Kaelee slowly stole a glance at Spike whose white eyes were replaced by a pair of flaming red ones. It gave her a murderous look.

"Easy, Spike, she didn't mean what she said," Surgeon Sin smiled at the creature.

Spike's eyes quickly turned blue as a smile slowly tore across its face. Then it laughed in a funny low voice, each syllable carried a robotic accent. "Ha. Ha. Ha."

Kaelee hugged herself. "What's funny?"

The doctor inched a little closer to whisper to her. "When I tell him that, he perceives that the whole conversation is a joke. I programmed them to laugh when someone's joking so..." He drew away his face from hers and laughed. "Funny, right? No one's going to tell you here that your jokes are corny!"

She just rolled his eyes and stepped away from the table, about to leave. "And you want me to be your assistant to create these—" Kaelee brainstormed for a better term for the likes of Spike. Because she just remembered that she couldn't call them 'monsters. "—these Frankensteins!"