Wattpad Original
Mayroong 2 pang mga libreng parte

Chapter 5 - The Man in the Elevator

KAELEE wore a pair of rubber shoes and a white scrub suit. Her trainee ID was clipped on the left pocket of her shirt. She usually tied her hair into a high bun so that the hair strands wouldn't hinder her every move.

For this afternoon, she was assigned to check the vitals of some inpatients. That was why she was dealing at this moment with an old man lying on his bed. He was rushed to the hospital yesterday due to a heart attack.

"How are you?" Kaelee smiled at the patient inside the room she walked into inside San Rafael Hospital.

"I'm okay, hija," he answered weakly. With tubes attached to each of his nostrils, he was still breathing shallowly.

"You'll be confined here for a few more days," she said softly while jotting down the patient's chart clipped at the clipboard she was carrying. She just finished checking his blood pressure and was writing down the result. "You also have to wait for Doc's advice, so just chill here for a while, okay?"

"Sure. Thanks, hija," he smiled lifelessly.

Kaelee glanced at the patient's daughter who had been keeping him company since last night. She politely nodded at them as a way to bid goodbye. Then she collected her things such as the blood pressure monitor before exiting the room.

Kaelee carefully closed the door and the very second that she spun around, her eyes landed on Surgeon Sin.

She almost screamed, especially when the first thing she saw was his snake eyes.

"O, my God," she whispered that was drowned by the deafening drumming of her heart.

He was wearing that wide, sinister smile. His wolf-cut hair tied into a low ponytail again and his chartreuse green snake-like eyes seemed to sparkle with an interested enthusiasm. Despite his light demeanor, all she could see was a black aura swirling around the white-coat-clad surgeon.

She tried to shake his image off of her mind. Kaelee lowered her head as she stepped to the side to avoid bumping into him. Then she proceeded to walk, heading to the nurse station.

Meanwhile, the doctor seemed oblivious to her intention to avoid him. He walked alongside in the hallway.

"Tonight, some packages will be delivered from my supplier, Kaelee. I suggest that we head to my clinic together so that I can teach you right away what to do with them."

"What package?" she asked absent-mindedly. She was busy keeping all the stuff she was carrying within her arms, careful not to drop any of them.

When she looked at him, he was already grinning. Her fear doubled. If the lights along this hallway were blinking, she would have already made a run for it because she felt like she was facing the devil.

"You'll know later," he tapped her cheek. Then he walked ahead, leaving her dumbfounded.

Kaelee stopped walking and lowered her head. It took a lot of effort on her part to hold back the tears that were supposed to cascade down her cheeks.

'But I didn't want to go back to that clinic anymore....' she swallowed. 'I didn't want to see him anymore!'

Kaelee ran the rest of the way to the nurse station and set down all the items she was carrying on its marble receiving desk. She heard the nurses there, calling her back, but she dashed straight ahead to the nearest lavatory room and locked herself in it.